OFFICAL "weigh in" thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I behaved during the holidays but I have lost track of where I was....so my new goal is to lose 10 pounds. hmmmm....last year my goal was to lose 15 so looks like in two more years I will make my goal...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
My New goal is another 20lbs.

I have lost 1.5lbs today I like Fridays better than Mondays..

it seems after the weekend have gained a bit.. so I am doing Fridays for me..

How is everyone else doing LindaL how is it going...

Ok I am jumping in here really late too. I didnt get serious til a month or so ago, and changed some eating habits at work (which is the worst) but have not been able to walk due to a badly sprained ankle are wrenched leg which is still healing.

I did good over the holidays though and didnt gain anything. To date over the last few weeks I have lost 8 pounds. I hope to be able to start walking soon too.

I dont keep snack foods at home- period, and living so far from a store doesnt make it easy to just go grab something either. But it's during work that I am at my worst.... and the holidays there was plenty of junk food that people brought in. I did not partake in all that.

It's ok if you splurge or eat out one day, as long as you get back on track and keep after it. Dont give up and go back to your old habits. Also while losing, it is normal to hit a 'plateau' and stay there for a couple of weeks before dropping some more, so if that happens dont think you are doing something wrong and give up.

One thing I changed was dinner. I eat my bigger meals at breakfast and lunch and usually now for dinner I just have something really light- a salad, a cup of soup, or something like that. Sometimes just a yogurt with fresh fruit in it that I add. (I HATE yogurt, so has to have a ton of fresh fruit in it for me to gag it down, but it has helped my digestion a lot too- I get the live bacteria kind)

So keep after it ladies!! We will get there!

I started walking on my treadmill, 2 miles a day this past week, and trying to make better eating choices, but being the first week, it has been hard to face temptation, and I have been eating things I know I should be avoiding, but oh well, that will come back again with a little more persistence on my part. Didn't do too bad though overall, with being as bad as I was, and still managed to lose a full 5 pounds.

This loss was with walking 2 miles a day, at a speed of 3.2 to 3.5 mph and daily calorie intake ranging from 1350 one day, in the 1500s, 1600s and 1700s and 2 days in the 2500s and 2600s!!
default_new_shocked.gif
So had I kept on track and showed more self dicipline, I would have done a heck of a lot better, but I'll take what I can get!
default_yes.gif

Good for you Mona.... the temptation is really hard. So far I'm not doing too bad... I just visualize myself in the mirror or something gross I dont like about myself, LOL and it makes it easier!

Thanks Laurie. Another thing I have really noticed since I have lost weight, is I truely believe my sleep apnea is not as severe as it once was, as I am not near as tired as I used to feel all the time, and I can make it through the day without HAVING to nap. I really do feel much healthier! I am also hoping that maybe it will have an affect on my thyroid and hyperinsulinemia too!

Hope no one minds but I like Fridays..

My goal is 20 more lbs. and have lost another 1.5 lbs.

total 3 lbs. so 17 lbs to go...
default_wub.png

While, I haven't been working hard at weight loss, I have lost about 5 pounds the last month, so... There is one good thing about winter; slogging through 2' of snow 3x daily to feed and check the horses, its quite the work-out.

We've got the holidays behind us and my husband and I are ready to lose some weight. He wants to lose 35 and I'd like to lose 70.

Heading to get a treadmill Tuesday, they have a really nice one on sale on base.

So if we may chime in tomorrow we start, We're starting with a hardy breakfast, small to average lunch and a very light dinner.

We love walking the dogs but it's to cold for both them and us in the winter. We're going to be training the dogs to the treadmill also.

I'm sure it won't be as easy as Ceaser Millan makes it out to be,
laugh.gif
But we'll work on it.

So do you all weigh in weekly here? Hope you won't mind us jumping in.

Grandma C and Grandpa C

Shucks no, GrandmaC, the more the merrier!! Good for you guys on joining in!

Mona, the weight loss WILL make your apnea much better or GONE. I had lost all the weight a couple of years ago and no longer had the apnea as a problem.... then I got sick and it's been a slow recovery from the surgery I had last spring and during the last couple of years almost all the weight came back. NOOOOOOO!!!!!! So, I need to get it off again as I was not even having to use the CPAP anymore!!! It was great! For now, I am back on it- I could tell when the apnea starting coming back again, as I knew what to look for this time. Dog gone it.

One of my sisters was 'pre diabetic' and has had problems with her blood pressure, cholesterol, etc... but after losing only about 20 pounds, the pre diabetic problems went away! However she is being VERY BAD with what she eats lately and thinks that going out to eat, etc... wont bother her, then skips eating for an entire day to make up for it!!! I keep telling her, but she is not listening!!!

Thanks Laurie. Another thing I have really noticed since I have lost weight, is I truely believe my sleep apnea is not as severe as it once was, as I am not near as tired as I used to feel all the time, and I can make it through the day without HAVING to nap. I really do feel much healthier! I am also hoping that maybe it will have an affect on my thyroid and hyperinsulinemia too!

Just a heads up, not to be disheartening, my husband and I both have sleep apnea and my RT is a skinny slender girl who also has sleep apnea.

Many docs like to blame it on being over weight but it's more how we are built inside. (our nose, throat, pallet, soft tissue, etc)

Yes weight loss can help but after much research looking back on my history of snoring like a fright train as a child (and I was not a heavy child) and as a 20 y/o under 140 lbs

it is suspected I had this as a child and a young adult. Hopefully the weight loss will help lessen it or resolve it. After much weight loss they recommend a new sleep study.

My husband remembers as a child being smacked by his older siblings and having shoes thrown from across the bedroom at him at night to stop him from snoring.
no.gif

We suspect he also has it all along as a child.

Just FYI, glad to hear you're feeling better, I'm looking forward to feeling better after I dump 20 and 40 and 60 lbs
yes.gif

Mona once you get to your goal weight ask the doctor for a current updates sleep study.

I am quite sure I have not "always" had sleep apnea. I just seemed to notice the last few years that I worked as a temp and had to drive an hour and a half to and from work each day. After putting in a 10.5 hour work day, and adding that drive time onto my day, and only getting about 5-6 hours a night sleep, I found I was almost falling asleep on the drive home, whereas before it was no problem. This is also when I had gained all the weight. I didn;t even suspect sleep apnea to tell you the truth. I just thought it was my thyroid making me feel sluggish because I had an underactive thyroid. Since the appointment at the sleep clinic had already been made and it took I think 7 or 9 months to get the appointment, my husband said that I might was well just go as planned and that way it can at least be ruled out too. So, to humor him, I agreed, only to find I had severe sleep apnea.
default_new_shocked.gif

I got the machine and tried a few different masks, and even gave it good honest tries, I just cannot wear it, so I guess if I die in my sleep, there is no better way to go. There is nothing more I can do, I tried and I just cannot so it. Anyway, since losing the weight, I have noticed I feel soooo much better. I have no idea if it is from the sleep apnea improving or if from something else, but I sure feel the difference. I won;t be going back for another study, as there is no point since I cannot wear the apparatus anyway.

Have you tried a 'swift' one? My husband hates masks and it the one that doesn't cover your whole nose, doesn't have a forehead brace type thingy.

He loves is, it looks like this:

http://www.cpap.com/productpage/1433

No hard plastic around your nose and forehead. It just goes right up against your nose.

What is nice is most medical supply places will give a 2 week to 30 day trial period before billing and if it doesn't cost you a cent if you don't like

it and return it.

I have a new sleep study coming up as I am no longer feeling well rested like I use to and they want to do a supervised study on me.

Hopefully they'll figure out what is wrong. Kind of worried as for the first 2 yrs my cpap helped a lot and the last year I am now tired all the time again, Maybe with weight loss and more exercise it will help.

Yes, I have tried that type too, but to no avail. I am a "mouth breather" so the nose pillows are virtually useless for me. I have tried them though, as well as the nose only mask, as well as a few different types of full face masks, and even a flexible silicone type but I cannot stand any of them, and am tired of pumping hundreds of $$$ into new masks trying to find one that works.

Totally understand. We are blessed to have medical through the military. I currently have a full face mask and will go back to just the one that covers the nose

when they let me have a new mask. We're allowed a new one every 6 months. I'm glad yours is getting better.

For me? I figure it will be a life long issue. Sometimes it's real frustrating to sleep with something over your face every night.
sad.gif

On a different note does anyone on here do water aerobics or Curves?

I've been considering both.

My weigh in today found be down another 2 pounds. I guess better than gaining, but was so hoping for more.
default_yes.gif
I actually did fairly well the first 5 days of this past week, but PIGGED OUT BADLY the last 2 days! Can you say OINK, OINK??!! I just cannot do anything in moderation. If it's here, I have to eat it, so my only hope is to keep the goodies completely gone from our house!!
default_rolleyes.gif

WTG Mona, 2 lbs is 2 lbs.

We started today with a hardy breakfast, I realize our big issue is little to no breakfast, a lunch and then a real heavy and late dinners.

We're trying to do the total opposite. I'm really going to have a hard time with tea. I drink cold sugared tea almost 24/7 so I take in a LOT of empty liquid calories.
sad.gif

I just calculated my daily ice tea calories alone and it is 640 cals / 168 carbs alone on an average day
no.gif

which in a years time is equivalent to OMG !!!!! 64.5 lbs in a year. OMG this is going to be harder than I thought. I can exercise more, I can eat a lot less

but giving up the sweet tea is going to be like a junkie giving up heroine
no.gif

Can you not try using an artificial sweetener for your sweet tea?? It will taste somewhat different, but after awhile you'll get used to it, and it may also help you to cut down considerably on it.

Can you not try using an artificial sweetener for your sweet tea?? It will taste somewhat different, but after awhile you'll get used to it, and it may also help you to cut down considerably on it.
Just bought some of the stevia stuff and it's not very pleasant to me. But I know I just need to be strong and get use to it..

Either that or get on the treadmill for 20 to 30 mins after each iced tea. I'm just going to remind myself it will all be worth the weight loss,

not feeling tired a lot and maybe getting off the high BP meds. I have to admit I've already failed with the idea tea today.

But 3 pm and we aren't even hungry for lunch since we had a hardy breakfast.

Took our a small slab of bison ribs for dinner, will do that with a 1/2 baked potato each and a salad. yum yum

Will try to get use to this stevia
wink.gif

Mona, I know you only wanted a certain treadmill, which one did you get? I want one really bad!

Laurie, try this for me! It's YUMMY!!!

Can of pineapple chunks (drained)

3-4 bananas, peeled & sliced

1 strawberry yogurt.

Stir it all together. It is SO good!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back