OFFICAL "weigh in" thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Markadoodle,

Glad you are joining in on the thread.
aktion033.gif

I got lots of inspiration from the past posts when I starting reading here. There are lots of ideas about healthy eating that helped me so far. Sounds like you are not a stranger to losing weight. Terrific job losing those 30 pounds last year. I understand how they can show back up! Bet you can lose those 19 the same way.

I have been losing at a slow but steady rate since May. Eating healthy things like more fruit and veggies, walking more, and drinking water with my meals instead of sodas has made a difference in my energy level.

Keep us posted on how it is going, good or not so good.

Melinda

Thanks so much! My goal is to walk with my walking partner (below) at least an mile a day
wub.gif

moreybanjo043.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well either my pants are getting too old and stretched out, or I have dropped a few pounds. They keep falling down and yesterday when I was out doing work in the flower bed, I was glad nobody else was around- the 'plumbers crack' was exposed I am sure. LOL I thought they were going to fall off when I stood up. I think I am between sizes though so the next size down will be too tight. Mind you I am not complaining- without any noticable difference in a while, I am thrilled to see this and sure hope it's not just my pants, haha
default_wink.png

Well either my pants are getting too old and stretched out, or I have dropped a few pounds. They keep falling down and yesterday when I was out doing work in the flower bed, I was glad nobody else was around- the 'plumbers crack' was exposed I am sure. LOL I thought they were going to fall off when I stood up. I think I am between sizes though so the next size down will be too tight. Mind you I am not complaining- without any noticable difference in a while, I am thrilled to see this and sure hope it's not just my pants, haha
default_wink.png
Wonderful. And, as to pants sizing; try a different brand or different cut (same size or down a size), and you might be able to find a pair that fits. Every company cuts and sizes a little differently, so try something else and you might be pleasantly surprised at what fits.

It is a great feeling when pants start getting too big!
aktion033.gif

I am sort of in between women's plus and Ladies right now. I tried on lots of styles and just could not find anything right for me yet. I have been washing all my cotton jeans in hot water but still need a belt to keep them up! Not complaining. I have stopped trying to lose right now, with the Holidays coming up. Just trying to keep the old lost pounds from finding me.
new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif

It is a great feeling when pants start getting too big!
aktion033.gif

I am sort of in between women's plus and Ladies right now. I tried on lots of styles and just could not find anything right for me yet. I have been washing all my cotton jeans in hot water but still need a belt to keep them up! Not complaining. I have stopped trying to lose right now, with the Holidays coming up. Just trying to keep the old lost pounds from finding me.
new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif
The way I'm built, I can't wear them; but have you tried men's jeans? I know some women have better luck with men's jeans. And, theirs come in all different fits now too; slim, regular, relaxed, loose. Just a thought.

The way I'm built, I can't wear them; but have you tried men's jeans? I know some women have better luck with men's jeans. And, theirs come in all different fits now too; slim, regular, relaxed, loose. Just a thought.
I wear men's for home. I discovered their comfort when I pulled on a pair of my son's from middle school out of a bag of jeans to cut up for a ragged denim quilt. Once they fell apart, I bought my own... but now that I lost another 10 lbs, I can pull them off without upsnapping them. I'm at my wedding weight(27 years this month) so don't want to lose more. But dang it, I really love those pants. I tried on the smallest size they make for men (30 by 30)--but they were a tiny bit tight where I don't like them tight. Bah! My 32x30 from TSC fall off too. They are brand new and I can't wear them. Sigh... I'll be forced into the women's department when the one woman's pair I have wears out for good. I've had them over 15 years.

I wear men's for home. I discovered their comfort when I pulled on a pair of my son's from middle school out of a bag of jeans to cut up for a ragged denim quilt. Once they fell apart, I bought my own... but now that I lost another 10 lbs, I can pull them off without upsnapping them. I'm at my wedding weight(27 years this month) so don't want to lose more. But dang it, I really love those pants. I tried on the smallest size they make for men (30 by 30)--but they were a tiny bit tight where I don't like them tight. Bah! My 32x30 from TSC fall off too. They are brand new and I can't wear them. Sigh... I'll be forced into the women's department when the one woman's pair I have wears out for good. I've had them over 15 years.
You might try a different cut or brand of men's jeans, and find they'll fit a bit differently, so you might be able to find a fit inbetween.

Latest posts

Back