Obama crowds

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlesteppers

Reaction score
Yes its loooooooooong..but in my humbled opinion very well worth reading..Before anybody jumps on me..NO I am NOT stirring your imaginary pot..just an analizes..
default_rolleyes.gif

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122533157015082889.html

This sticks out to me:"

The morning after the election, the disappointment will begin to settle upon the Obama crowd. Defeat -- by now unthinkable to the devotees -- will bring heartbreak. Victory will steadily deliver the sobering verdict that our troubles won't be solved by a leader's magic

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a very powerful article.

He is right. It's partly timing, partly the public's fears, partly a search for a "redeemer".........and the fact that Mr. Obama is a very charismatic speaker.

Thanks guys..Yes I think he hit the nail right on the head..and VERY well written!

I think sports events are a good example..ever high fifed a stranger next to you that roots for the same team?

I have..rofl
default_rolleyes.gif

This is the part that most stands out to me.....

The political genius of the man is that he is a blank slate. The devotees can project onto him what they wish.
YES..I think he is a lot of things to a lot of people
default_new_shocked.gif

A leader does not have to say much, or be much. The crowd is left to its most powerful possession -- its imagination.

Gracious--an article that is EXTREMELY astute, deeply and thoroughly observant and insightful, and well-written in a way seldom seem in these times! THANK YOU, Christine, for sharing the link!

I will be forwarding the link to...well, those I know who I believe will 'get' the point of this excellent article(from a man who obvious IS a 'critical thinker')...and who I also believe are more interested in that than in partisanism.

Margo

Latest posts

Back