Notice received from IMHOA this morning regarding ID Requirements 2008

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctinsley

Reaction score
Received notice this morning from IMHOA that the Illinois Department of AG has extended their requirements for 2008. A livestock Premises Identification number will be required for exhibition at ALL 2008 county, state, 4-H and FFA fairs in Illinois. This applies to all livestock, fowl, horses and poultry - including beef, sheep, swine, dairy, goats, poulty, rabbits, horses and exotic hoof stock (ie llamas). So any of us that show at the Illinois State Fair will be required to do this to show. They say it is a voluntary program, but are forcing us to do this if we want to show.

Sadly this is happening all over. People are trying to fight it but the Gov is not listening.

There are already good programs to track disease in place that do not take folks rights away...

this mess is not needed,,other than to force people to pay big fees and or have their land taken away if one does not comply.

:no:

I'm confused. Is this different than the IL Entry ID # that we get by calling the 800 number?

Yes it is different, they are urging everyone to apply early so they'll have their numbers for next year. There will actually be a link on the Illinois State Fair website.

I don't get this either, OMG we always take our horses to the vets for the Equine Infectious Anemia Test , my horse always past the EIA test every year. Out of state people just need EIA test and a Heath Certifcate.

I think that is all we need.

Leslie~

Latest posts

Back