Not often I find something new!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So very sorry Jane (((HUGS))))
default_no.gif

default_no.gif
Awww, I am so very sorry to hear you lost your filly Jane. (((HUGS)))

Last edited by a moderator:
Jane, just read about your baby. I am sooooo sorry you had to make that decision.

RIP little one.

Robin

Yeah, well, stuff happens!

$5,000.00 down the drain and a dead foal.

UGH.

I could not have not done it though, I had to give her a chance.

They think this was congenital, and funnily enough the mare has been pulling back from this foal for over two weeks, that was what first made me realise something was wrong.....so she's fine, back out with her herd and, apart from the bag, is OK.

This has to have been the best foal I have ever bred, but, at the end of the day, that counts for nothing, does it?

newfoals09018.jpg

This was my little Amira, a princess in every way.

Looking back you will be glad of the chance you had to help her, such a pity it's always the good ones you loose.

If they can give you reason it may help to answer your questions.

Just read this thread this morning. I am so very sorry things turned out as they did. You certainly did what you could to help her.

RIP Amira

Jane, I am so very sorry to hear that Amira has passed on. She was a beautiful filly. Hope they find out what the cause was.

Joyce

Oh gosh! I was not expecting to hear this when I came to this post this AM. I am SO SORRY you lost your filly. I hope they can give you some answers soon on this.

Gosh Jane..........I'm at a loss for words. I feel so bad for you, she was beautiful.

Please take care of yourself, you did a wonderful job caring for her - you must have some wonderful memories of her to last you a lifetime.

Sincerely,

Beth

She was adorable Jane- and I agree a very nice foal! I also agree, you had to try, and you did. Hugs again to you and glad the mama is doing ok. Funny, she must have known, and I have seen this before with animals, not real keen on their babies and sure enough, something is wrong. It's like they know by instinct (Like when the mama birds push the sick babies out of the nest- they might still be eating and all, but just are not going to make it) I dont know how they know, but they do.

You had to try anyhow- what a tiny little thing she was!!!

I do not know you but know you only from here but want to tell you I'm so sorry for what you went thru. It's never easy to make that decision to put down an animal. But you did the best you could for her and with the tests, you made the decision that you had to do. You loved her enough to do that for her and she is in a better place now knowing you did what you could for her.

Hugs,

Joyce

Latest posts

Back