Not counting your horses...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, definetly my money goes to my horses...

and their show fees...

and the cute clothes I HAVE to buy them

Hmmm... for me? Lets see, I buy WAY too much soda - Dr. Pepper, yes, I am an addict. I buy a lot of music for myself. I buy tennis gear, but since my awful knee injury, I cant play just yet... grr... waiting for the MRI results which was taken a week and 3 days ago, but who is couting?

I would say most of all I like to buy things for my friends. I spend more money on others then I do myself. I have actually been lectured by my mom for spending more on my friends when we went on a cruise then I did myself...
default_unsure.png
:
default_rolleyes.gif
:

I thought of another indulgence which I should have gotten / remembered from reading what many of you have said. I do buy books and I love to read, but I do not find the time to read anymore... which doesn't stop me from buying books as they come out. So, really, it is indulgent to buy something you may not even use or enjoy. I even buy audio books on CD so I can listen in the car and then do not (thanks to XM, and "improving my mind" listening to cr*p like the O&A show, every day, addicted ... When am I going to grow up???????).

i would have to say our holiday cottage ,it was a quaint wee cottage when we got it and weve spent most of our money on it, and my hubbys speedboat,i hate the sea so thats why i get to have my horses
default_wink.png
: i spend nothing on myself,ive never gone to the hairdressers,my mum used to cut round a bowl on our head lol,now i let it grow,i dont buy new fashionable clothes,id rather buy my minis something ,i stopped smoking and dont drink so thats how i justify the minis
default_yes.gif
:

[SIZE=10pt]My biggest indulgences after the horses - hmmm - good thread! Ok, lets see...I guess that would be books ( yup - another book lover here - am reading one I got in the mail a month or so ago and just ordered another ) and spending money for stuff for my flower gardens...[/SIZE]

Lori

Is there anything left over after you discount the horses? As others, I live pretty simply but love to river raft in the summer and living on the Rogue River we go quite a bit. Love horse camping and doing fun stuff that doesn't necessarily involve money.

I've really thought about this one and I guess I don't really indulge myself in anything.

I just don't buy stuff for myself unless it's a real necessity.

Just the horses and the new barn is about it and that's plenty.

Well ok, does eating a BMT at Subway count?

For me personally, it would be getting my hair foiled with high and low lights by a really good stylist every 8 weeks or so and having my eyebrows waxed by someone else about every three weeks. Both are pretty expensive and I guess are a luxury and have to be done on a regular basis to keep looking good, but are two things that I don't want to skimp on. There is no way to hide messed up eyebrows -whether bushy and out of control - or over or unevenly plucked or a head of hair that has either a bad home perm or horrid dye job gone wrong or just a bad hair cut.

I may be adding a pedicure into that rotation every once in a while. All the time I spend clomping around in the mud and manure and wearing rubber boats and just taking a beating in general my feet are not looking so great anymore. I bought a special pedicure package for my mom for her 75th birthday last week and she had some pretty nasty looking feet and toes and they look wonderful now. The work they did was amazing.

The other thing might be Caribu Coffee. It is stupid to spend 4 dollars on a specialty coffee drink when I could make a bunch of pots of coffee at home for that price.

Another thing might be all the movies we go to. Probably 2-3 a week depending on what movies have opened. Sometimes just my husband and I and sometimes with all the kids but no matter what, by the time you buy the tickets, the soda and the popcorn it is a lot of money for two hours of entertainment.

Boating is becoming a luxury with how much gas has jumped - if you are paying $2.65 at the gas station for your car, the marina selling the exact same gas to boaters on the lake charges close to $4 a gallon. Adding up the gas for a day on the lake, snacks, drinks, water toys, etc. It is less than what would be spent going to a show for the weekend but is still a significant amount.

Other than that stuff, I've always liked to read but it isn't like I buy a lot of books. Somehow we've accumulated a lot of books over the years and I have a lot that I want to "read some day". That day will probably come once all the kids are older. My mom does buy a LOT of books and passes them along to me when she is done.

Thinking to when I'm out shopping and what I buy, beyond groceries and neccessities I am usually more interested in buying things for my kids than myself.

We need to do some painting and cosmetic work in the house and I want new living room furniture, but it is hardly a luxury since it has been years since we really gave that much thought or attention and with our active kids the walls and furniture have all really taken a beating.

I always encourage my husbands hobbies and interests and if he sees something he really wants I tell him to get it so that I don't feel so guilty when I want to buy more horse stuff.

Is there anything left over after you discount the horses?
[SIZE=10pt]Ha ha!!
default_rolleyes.gif
: Good one Kathi!! :aktion033:
[/SIZE]

Lori

Last edited by a moderator:
Indulge yourself AFTER the horses????
default_wink.png
: I never seem to have any money left over! I dont really indulge myself in anything, but if there is something I want ..I just go and get it. Bob is the same way, if there is something he wants he goes and gets it too. We have a boat, have a cottage with my sister which is on a lake, but since I am not a water person, dont consider either one of these a indulgence. I guess for me a BIG indulgence would be to have a indoor heated arena, but that is just a good dream! :bgrin Corinne

Back