not a good morning

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[SIZE=12pt]i will ask about the steroids, thank you. she hasn't pooped all day. hubby just went to get an her a Fleet at walmart. the vet said corn oil on some grain w/ her antibiotics tonight and some table salt also. hoping she will drink more. the vet said only 15 to 20 minutes in the sling. i can't keep water in w/ her because she can't reach in even a small bucket so i have been offereing her it out of a pan (grain dish) a couple times an hour. if i leave it in w/ her she dumps it and has to lay in it. i asked the vet the last time i talked to her if i should put her down, i don't want to be prolonging her suffering because i am upset and don't want to loose her too. she said to give it a few days and see if she improves. to be honest, i am a mess and don't know weather i am coming or going. i took a couple of pictures of her backside but not sure if they are to gross to post. i have never seen anything like it and hope to never again. maybe i will post a new thread w/ a warning. i am not re-reading this my head hurts to much, sorry if some doesn't make sense. [/SIZE]

oh Nikki i have been thinking about you and Petunia all day, ever since i found out about this. still sending lots of prayers and {{{hugs}}} your way!!!! and holding my breath for good news
default_yes.gif
:

I KNOW HOW MUCH YOU ALL WERE LOOKING FORWARD TO A BABY. I SORRY :no: I WISH THERE WAS SOMETHING I COULD DO. SENDING LOTS OF
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
: FOR TUNIA! CRYSTAL

Nikki..we Love you...it doesn't make any difference if it doesn't make sense.

We all really care
default_wub.png
:

I am calling you.

**Oppss...this was Angelica's screenname....still means the same !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nikki,

My husbands family had cows when he was young. He said that Petunia's "problem" occured with cows too. Sometimes the cows recovered after a few days and were okay. I will be hoping this with all my heart.

chico

I'm so sorry. What a horrible thing for you and Petunia and the little baby. As far as a sling goes, I remember reading different times on the regular horse forum where people needed slings for mares who had bad nerve damage, maybe you could post on there for ideas or help in getting Petunia back in shape. I wish someone could be there with you, you must be totally devastated, I'm just so sorry for you.
default_sad.png

Oh no Nikki...I am so very sorry. Geeze....I do not want to say. Wish we lived closer to each other.

Oh bless your heart, you poor thing and poor petunia too. Thoughts and prayers are going out to you and your family at this time for Petunia's recovery or the peace of mind to know when to let go.

Back