North Iowa Miniature horse sale

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherokee Rose

Reaction score
Anyway i was wondering if anyone went to this and if they knew how it went with prices..just curious!
default_saludando.gif

Yes, I was there will five horses to sell, four were black and white. We had to endure five hours of tack selling before they ever got to the first 20 donkeys! Some people left. Prices were averaging about $200.00 for the most part. Some couldn't get a bid. Some driving horses went for $300 or less. One stallion 28.5 inches sold for $1200 and one appy mare/foal sold for $800. Other mares with foals sold for less than $300. for the pair. Granted, some horses were not clipped but $50.00 for a mare?? $100 for a nice yearling 29" black and white stud colt, a half brother to Lucky 17 Cowboy.

I was there and that tack sale was poorly handled. It went way too long over the estimated time. Only left me with time to watch the 20 or so Donkeys sell and 4 horses then i had to leave. Too bad for me. Looks like a nice place to have a sale though.

Oh my! Those prices are worse then here on the east coast, I was hoping prices would be up the further west you went. Just goes to show me that prices are way down all over the country. What a shame.

It was a LONG DAY!!! Like Iowa & Bluebell both said, the FIVE (5) HOUR tack sale was too much. Most of the horse buyers were gone by 3:30 (at the latest!!) I believe this had a terrible impact on the prices paid for the quality of horses there. The sad part is, the new tack was over by 11:00 or so and the rest was USED tack. Maybe they will re-think for the next sale.

Latest posts

Back