no more flat solid inner tubes for carts

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobinRTrueJoy

Reaction score
I have been getting lots of flats in my new cart.We go into the woods a lot. I almost bought the No More Flats tube on line, they were very pricey and then bought them at Walmart, for a lot less. They are a bear to get on the rim and to get the tire on over it.

My solution?

I found a MOBILE bicycle repair man, and he is coming out to do it for me for $30.00 For me, this is a steal! I am still saving money if I bought them on line and can have they installed too! I save a lot buying them at Walmart! Saves a lot of screaming and carrying on while failing to get them on. These are the solid tubes, not the inflatable ones. Some people say the ride is rougher, I don't know but I don't care, I just want to be able to use the cart and drive. They can't be worse than wooden wheels, I guess.

Robin

Last edited by a moderator:
Robin I don't know anything about those kind of tires but was just wondering if you tried one of the "fix a flat" products. Don't even know if it would work on a small tire, but I used it last year on my garden tractor and it's held up this long. Just wondering whether it would work.

I have used the solid cores on my tires for the last 14 years, I have never had to change them. I love them, they work great, as for the ride I really dont notice it being much bumpier, the only thing is when it is real cold they squeak! You will love them
default_laugh.png

I got mine at a major tire chain. Had to wait about 6 hours so I had to go back and get them but.. just under 50 bucks bought the solid tires and installation!

I got mine at a major tire chain. Had to wait about 6 hours so I had to go back and get them but.. just under 50 bucks bought the solid tires and installation!

We use to have alot of flats also and then we used the solid inserts from Walmart also. After a few years of hot and cold weather it stretched the tire and it would not stay in the rim. We had to purchase new tires and so them we had them filled with the foam that sets. We have a place here that does that. That is great. No more troubles, so far.

I have them and LOVE them.

I think the ride is smoother.

Yep it was a bear to put them on but doable. Wish I could offer some help, but I can't remember what I did to make it easier. I think a screwdriver and follow the directions EXACTLY.

Yep, the ride is less smooth because the solid tubes don't have air to absorb any concussion and they do squeak, but they won't go flat!
default_rolleyes.gif
And they're certainly not any worse than any other solid tire/wheel like wood ones or steel with rubber rims.

I have my local bike shop do everything these days. Bless them, they charge me like $5 plus the products and there's no fuss, no muss for me!
default_aktion033.gif

Just be sure you've got the right size. I've been told the ones for bikes are sometimes not the right diameter for cart tires and that may be why they don't want to fit. I got mine from American Cart and Harness in OR for $22.95 each and my dad used these instructions http://www.noflattubes.com/install.html to get them on. The soap was an absolute necessity!
default_new_shocked.gif
I did sell that cart down the road and the local bike shop put a pneumatic puncture-proof something-or-other in the new Frontier's tires. So far they've held up but I did notice the right tire going flat last week. I pumped it up again and it seems to be holding so we'll see.

Here's to many hours of enjoyable, non-flat driving, however you do it!
default_laugh.png
default_saludando.gif

Leia

The ones from Walmart are not a perfect fit, so they will squeak, but it's a good enough fit if you don't mind the squeak ;)

Does anyone have a link to a place online that the right size tires could be found? I think that the squeak would annoy me. I do like the idea of having a bike shop put them in for me, maybe they would carry the tubes too?

Latest posts

Back