No Foal here she's not pregnant

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's certainly overweight judging by the crest of her neck,but I''m also going to vote pregnant because she looks to have the 'v' shape they get about 2 weeks before they foal. Would she be that far along? It would be nice to have a closer pic and one of her with her butt to the camera so we could see how far out she is on both sides.

She was wider them her belly dropped. Now not so wide but low belly. She is now at 348 days. She acts pregnant no heat since bred. I fed her up she Is older and they drop so quick while nursing

Don't know if these photos will help or not Marie.

It's hard to judge apples to apples without knowing if

they are of similar build/height, etc.

Zoe sounds like potentially she could be in about the same

window as Jasmine.

Zoe could be as much as 343 days or about 2 weeks less +/-.

The vet did tell us 2 1/2 weeks ago that their clinic experience,

this spring, is late babies because of the heavy cloud cover we've had.

Zoe does have a bag forming, sometimes a drip of wax, her 'girl parts'

are elongating. She does have resistance in her tail though.

Hope this helps.....I know it's enough to drive ya nuts, the wondering

and waiting.
default_wacko.png

Oh, the photos are 2 days old.

Zoe5-26-11.jpg

Zoe5-27-11.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to say it but I vote for just very fat.
wub.gif
She looks similar to one of my mares that I was convinced was pregnant as she even had a bag with milk! ( She has been on a crash diet)

Only time will tell. Good Luck.

Marie, it's possible she is having a false pregnancy. I think Erica had a mare that did that one year, and she shared it on the forum as it went along. The mare did everything just as if she were pregnant, but then, she was not. I would have a vet check her, have you done the pre-foaling shots at any rate?

Marie, it's possible she is having a false pregnancy. I think Erica had a mare that did that one year, and she shared it on the forum as it went along. The mare did everything just as if she were pregnant, but then, she was not. I would have a vet check her, have you done the pre-foaling shots at any rate?
That is exactly what my mare did, she had all the signs, udder, milk that progressed on the test, her belly even dropped and then a week after her due date she just started to look fat and her bag shrunk!

I can't tell from the picture that is posted, and I don't mean to sound negative, but, even if she is pregnant she is too overweight by the look of just her neck. Since you think she is pregnant there isn't much you can do at this time, but I would consider that after foaling if she does foal, that you try to get some weight off. I'm so sorry for sounding not positive, but being over weight is just as bad as starving for these little guys.

After hours of watching and checking. I have decided that Jasmine is not pregnant. Her sister has had like three false pregnancies in the past but never Jasmine. The sad thing is my daughter was really looking forward to showing this foal and having a good time with it prior to getting it trained to drive. After losing four of her own this was a bright spot for her.

So now we will slowly begin our search for a weanling filly we can afford. I don't want to go any older than that as it will have a much greater chance being accepted by these two mares as a weanling.

Thank you for your responses to my post and I guess time will tell.

Latest posts

Back