Newborn foal with deformed foot; advice please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got an update on Sweetheart this morning after her night in the motel room and all is well. To answer some questions, Sweetheart eagerly drinks her formula from a bottle or from a dish. And no, she is not eating hay at 2 weeks of age but it probably won't be long if he progresses like she has been. :)
I was also very concerned about separating mom and foal but even that has gone remarkably well. Really, so amazingly well that it is hard to believe. I had been dreading this day but it seems my worry was all for nothing. Mom looked for her briefly yesterday when Sweetheart left, but only briefly. Then she settled in to grazing and it was almost like she "knew" that this was for the best. All is well here with mom.

Like all of you, I love my horses and would never in a normal circumstance separate a mare and foal at this early age. I do not take this lightly. But when a second chance for life came for this foal, I weighed our options and this was her chance to live a better life. So far, all has worked out well and I just pray that will continue to be the case.
Thanks for the update, just amazing how things turn out, when we need help.

This little Sweetheart, sure looks like she is going to get everything she needs.

Checked out her on myspace and I believe I can see a difference already, and so cute when she was in the cart.
default_wub.png

I was wondering if anyone had heard anything new about Sweetheart? I have not heard anything since my last post.

I did hear about her during the summer i think. She actually went to stay with Dawn Hahler who had her in her house for a while. After a while, I believe she had to be put down. I don't remember if it was just the deformity or something else going on.

Barb

edited to add- Yes, that is her, I looked up the old post and the MySpace page they had on her. It was Dawn that mentioned the filly to me when she was up in Minnesota.

Last edited by a moderator:
Geez, I wish I hadn't picked up this this thread and read it.....Got to the last page and BUMMED out......I too hope she didn't suffer in some long, terrible way and she went quickly.......nuff said

Oh gosh, I too started rereading this thread....was thinking that we were going to get a happy Christmas story maybe some pictures. Now Im speechless

Rest in peace little one.

I was wondering if anyone had heard anything new about Sweetheart? I have not heard anything since my last post.
welchlover84....You had NO business deliberately pulling this post up and that is exactly what you did...you read the post about hahler and deliberately went and found this. Never mind that you will be deeply hurting one of the sweetest people in the world by dragging this up but that's what people like you do. I for one am suspect of who exactly you are? I have my suspicions and would imagine IP addresses might lay a trail to a relation between you and hahler.

Moderators I think this really needs to be pulled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moderators, please pull this post. I am the original poster and I see no reason for it to be brought back up after such a long period of time. Little Sweetheart was given to Dawn Hahler to be fitted with a prosthesis and used for a therapy horse at hospitals, etc. I was later told by Dawn that little Sweetheart had to be put to sleep because of scoliosis of the spine. Rest in peace little Sweetheart. You are not forgotten.

Latest posts

Back