New Year's eve with susanne and Keith

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDogs & LittleHorses

Reaction score
Besides previewing Keith's new album "Harmonic Pandemic" on the stereo here, shooting off some fireworks into the snowy field, here's what we were doing on New Year's eve.
default_laugh.png

IMG_1678-1-1.jpg

I got this game for susanne and keith for Christmas, of course with the idea that they would bring it to my place to play it ;-)

As you can see it is called Horseopoly, and it plays pretty much like Monopoly but you buy horses instead of properties. Hay bales are the equivalent of houses, and red barns are the equivalent of hotels. We started the game about 9:30PM.

IMG_1674-1.jpg

Susanne wheeling and dealing.
default_unsure.png
Besides having good strategy, she had some good luck landing on "pasture" where she collected everyones fee money that had been piling up in the middle of the board.

IMG_1676-1-1-1.jpg

Keith has some bad luck and this is all he has left, as he owes susanne a small fortune for landing on her expensive horses with their red barns!
default_no.gif
Keith is out!

IMG_1677-1.jpg

Here I am at about 1 AM. I see that I still have a couple of red barns on properties! (These are equivalent of hotels in Monopoly)

For a while susanne and I were pretty even on horse and barn ownership, until she acquired Keith's properties and then I was in trouble!
default_rolleyes.gif

IMG_1679-1.jpg

Susanne mercifily wins at 2:30 AM! I've landed on her most expensive horses with barns, and it costs me thousands! I try to mortgage everything but it isn't enough! Yes, we played the entire game to the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like fun but I have no idea how people stay up that late!? I was asleep by 10pm and thats late!

That looks like a lot of fun! Anytime with Susanne is fun though! We filled out the FAFSA form online for my sons college stuff next year. WooHoo
default_rolleyes.gif

We had such a great time! They say that what you do on New Year's Eve is what you'll be doing all year, and hopefully we'll find this to be true -- having fun, NOT spending way too much money!

After 20 years of marriage, I never knew until that night just how stubborn Keith can be -- he was bound and determined not to let me get his Morgan, even though it meant going bankrupt, hehe.

I'm such a nightowl that the late hour was nothing new to me, but even I was fading by the end of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like fun!! I was up that late too but we were watching Pixar's "Up" with one of Dad's young coworkers and his wife after playing card games for hours. That's the second time in 2009 we had non-family guests, the first time being the night before when they came over for dinner!
default_new_shocked.gif
We're real social, as you can tell.
default_rolleyes.gif

Leia

Back