New yearling big horse.. Color HELP

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TangoMango

Reaction score
Yearling, about 13.3 hands......Let me know what you guys think. Also, some color help would be great too. I see him as a sabino tovero? Right? Or is he just sabino overo? And chestnut or dun? His spots on his skin are black..

Thanks for looking.

IMG_1591.jpg

IMG_1593.jpg

IMG_1597.jpg

IMG_1588.jpg

IMG_1589.jpg

IMG_1594.jpg

Heck if I know but he's certainly a horse of a different color.

Is he a pintaloosa?

Good luck with him whatever he turns out to be.
default_wub.png

I would say he is a chestnut, not dun. But as far as overo/tovero, I'm not sure. he is gorgeous though! Paint, right? I went to go look at a Paint gelding that looked very similar to him about a year ago. The woman had him advertised as sabino overo......but not sure if that was right.

I know you posted cuz' you wanted help with color, but thanks for sharing anyway. he is cute!
default_wub.png

IMO hes a heavy sabino and I agree with sorrel or chestnut
default_smile.png

hard to say cause all monitors will be a bit different but he appears to be a very cute chestnut sabino

Thanks everyone.
default_saludando.gif

I picked him up for $50 at the auction on Friday, I think I got a GREAT deal. He has obviously been handled a lot, very calm and laid back.

He is one lucky horse to have ended up with you and not on a truck headed out of the country

Thanks everyone.
default_saludando.gif
I picked him up for $50 at the auction on Friday, I think I got a GREAT deal. He has obviously been handled a lot, very calm and laid back.
50?!!! poor guy. It kills me to see horses go so cheap.....at least this one found a good home. Did they tell you what breed he was? looks like Lady Luck shone on you both that day!
default_smile.png

Thanks guys. He is a keeper for sure. I went to find a barrel prospect for my daughter and ended up bringing home 1QH gelding that is a trained reining horse ($650), this paint colt ($50) and 4 , 12+ hand ponies (1 gelding, broke to ride, $185) one mare broke to ride ($60) 1 more gelding broke to ride ($60) and an unbroke gelding ($50) I couldnt let them go for those prices. I saw one nice colt go for $10.. He was a cryptorchid , and that surgery is Expensive.

Im going to be finding kids homes for the ponies... All but one are super friendly, and the other is great, once you catch him.LOL.

QH

IMG_1611.jpg

Hard to catch, broke to ride gelding

IMG_1602.jpg

Other broke to ride gelding

IMG_1615.jpg

UNbroke gelding

IMG_1622-1.jpg

Broke mare, she is a bit smaller, maybe 11 hands

IMG_1604.jpg

Latest posts

Back