New Website for my new Business:

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peggy

Reaction score
I'm officially inviting you to go to my "under-construction" website, that I am blindly designing myself, and view my new business venture-equine photography. I actually started this past summer, but I still have a lot to learn. I have done a few shows and lots of family pictures-- because I get lot of calls and just can't say no. It's good practice. I work on my site every night, so I will keep making improvements. I know it needs lots of work yet. But take a look. You might see a few minis that you know. You can also click on the link to my photo-listings.
rolleyes.gif

www.canyonphotoart.com

HI PEGGY
new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif
saludando.gif

Your website is so well done!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Very professional. You really know how to take pictures.

I really love the one of the little child with CD. It's so precious. And that must be your daughter on the dressage horse.

I used to post pictures of my horses and Carol Albritton used to tell me that I wasn't doing it very well. She would let me know that horses do need ears, heads and legs and they shouldn't be chopped off.........
wacko.gif
But I'm still trying.
biggrin.gif

Gee, I sure with you'd come here and freeze my moment in time. My moments are getting more and more grey every day!
saludando.gif

Very nice site and very nice photos!!! You do good work. One little thing though and it is a pet peeve of mine - do spell check, there are a couple errors.

The site is very nice, as well as the photo's.

I think I read most,,,,,,,,,do you travel??????

Congratulations on the new venture -- from one photographer to another.
aktion033.gif
Your photos are lovely and you should do very well. You have a great aptitude with people as well as the animals. If I was still a stock photography agent, we'd be talking for sure!!!!

And here's a hint from one pro to another. It's easy to get burned out doing photography as a business. I had a very successful stock agency, but got SO sick of the "business" of photography after 10 years that I just had to get out of it. Put my cameras away for almost 2 years and wouldn't even think about clicking a shutter. Then went back to my roots as a part-time equine photographer and swore not to live, eat and breathe photography 24/7. I'm much happier now and actually enjoy what I am doing. Just something to keep in mind for the future.

Best of luck to you!
biggrin.gif

Robin C

Please, Milo, tell me where the spelling errors are. I hate it when I do that. Sometimes just a mis-fingering on the keyboard. It seems to take me forever to edit and re-publish. Thanks for the constructive criticism, everyone. That's the only way I am going to improve.

Robin, thank you for your advice since you've had so much experience. Maybe I need to go for a visit and pay you tteach me everything I don't know. I read ALL the time and I practice every day. I am finding that I most enjoy the interaction between people and animals. I also like the different angles, not always front and center. Not pleasing to everyone I know.

And thanks to the rest of you for taking the time to take a look. I tell everyone that I'm not doing this for the money(haven't even paid for all of my equipment yet), I am just having so much fun!

Travel? Yes, I love to travel. ANd I'll bring my camera along. Is there room on the sofa?

I purchased a Canon 20D digital SLR. But the lens is the main thing. I have a Canon 70-200mmL 2.8, which is good for action and low light. I've made a point of not useing flash with the big horses at the shows. I have seen several horses spook at the flash with other photographers, and I know lots of people appreciate the fact that I don't have to use one. I have been asked to do a 4-H show in Raleigh for that reason. A couple of years ago a little boy broke his arm as a result of a his horse spooking at the flash. Since then they hasn't allowed photogs to be there at all.

With the minis it doesn't seem to matter as much. I have a reflector that I use as well. It seems to get the ears up nicely too.

The Canon Rebel is a good camera as well. If anyone is thinking of getting a camera that takes great pictures, that one does. You can add lenses as you wish. And prices are going down on those and others as Canon is always coming out with another model. Something to keep us spending money.

Oh VERY nice photos and web site. Easy to navigate around and the photos are stunning. I think you have a gift for photography and bring out the best in your subjects.

I just got a Canon Rebel EOS XT for Christmas !! I am so excited with the pics I have taken so far. The action shots are awesome....I think hubby got the hint when I kept whining the my old digital shutter speed was at a 10 second delay and I kept missing the kodak moments! Can't wait to get more familiar with it so I can start clicking away!
aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back