New to the Forum!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emerald24

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am brand new to the forum and thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Sarah and I live in Raleigh, North Carolina. I own three miniature horses- a 16 y/o palomino mare "Sassy", a 2 y/o bay pinto "Buster", and a 9 y/o chestnut gelding "Boogie".

I have been riding big horses for many years, but have transitioned over to miniatures in the past couple of years. I'm very interested in getting into showing them, but am clueless about all the rules. I'm so glad I found this forum because I think it will be a great resource for me to learn!

Thanks so much for reading. I look forward to chatting with all of you!
default_yes.gif

-Sarah

Welcome, Sarah!! Always nice to see/meet newbies here in NC!

We are also in NC - about 45 miles south & west of Raleigh. Larry works in Cary, middle daughter is going to college (Meredith) in Raleigh. All 3 daughters work in Apex. So we are around... In the process of moving...

We don't have small minis but do have 23 head of Shetlands ranging in size from 31" (will mature larger) to 45" and 2 part Shetlands up to 13 hh. Our boarder has a mini horse that is under 30" (I think).

The ECMHC is pretty active here in NC (meetings/shows & other events) and Lee Crutchfield/Kirby Jones (Aloha Acres) are having a mini horse sale this weekend on their farm in Cameron, NC. Link for their sale is above on this forum.

Welcome from Wales in the UK - any chance of some pics of your mini furkids as we all love pictures here!
default_yes.gif

Welcome Sarah!! Its always fun to have new people to join in the miniature world

Julie

Victory Pass Stable

Maine

Pics of the minis are a must lol

Welcome to the forum, we are in SC and will be showing with ECMHC, hope to see you at some shows!

Hi Sarah--

I lived in Raleigh, NC my entire life (20-something years). I'm now living in VA. I have a friend that lives in Raleigh got me into showing minis. What part of Raleigh do you live in. I know there is another forum member that lives in Raleigh too. I also recommend ECMHC-- great group of people--very friendly and helpful.

WELCOME from western Kentucky. There is tons of info here and it looks like you may have friends you don't even know yet. hope NC welcomes you too.

Hi Sarah,

Welcome from Minnesota! The forum is such a wonderful place to learn and share - I am a pretty new member myself, and have just enjoyed the opportunity to be part of this.

Lots of great advice, encouraging words, and more than a few chuckles along the way!

Welcome from Pennsylvania! I hope you do get into showing. Even fun shows. Super fun!

The forum is where I started my research and flourished and now I have so much knowledge in this brain of mine its nuts! (I dont claim to know everything though and always love learning new things of course!!)

Use the search bar to search for things you want to know and don't be afraid to ask questions!

Latest posts

Back