New to horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Katiean Posted Today, 01:10 AM I wanted to add that I have a dwarf goat with my minis and she has horns. She is fine with my horses even with the baby last year
We recently got two boar goats from a friend of mine, one is a buck and the other is a doe. They are pretty small for boar goats, the buck does have horns. I have them in with my 28'' stallion keeping him company, we sold his girlfriend/stall mate/pasture mate. The goats are fine with him, they actually seem to like one another, i dont worry to much about the horns to be honest, the buck was a huge pet and is not agressive in any way. They at first kept a distance but now they all eat together and no problems.

Goats and Minis are fine together.

i'm gonna throw just one thing out here...if the goats chew on your mini's mane and/or tail, separate them and make it far enough to the goats can't chew over or through a fence. your horse will need especially his tail in the summer to ward off flies. a tailless horse during fly season is pitiful!

Thanks everyone for all your helpful advice. BTW, I live in Southern West Virginia. My neighbor who has a mini really doesn't know much, he just bought him for his granddaughter. His mini is by himself and gets lonely. He isn't ridden much. He really gets excited when I take one of my goats for a walk. He really seems to like my goats. He just comes to life! I'm really wanting a horse but there is so much I don't know. I don't have a lot of faith in my vet, he almost let my goat die because of lack of knowledge. He is mostly a cat and dog kind of guy.

thanks,

terri

Latest posts

Back