New project

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sterling

Reaction score
I won't tell you much about it....YET. See if you can guess what it is first?!

SoapGem.jpg

I'm probably way off but it almost looks like the bottom of a horses hoof??? I think with Worlds coming up I have horses on the brain....
default_laugh.png

I'm probably way off but it almost looks like the bottom of a horses hoof??? I think with Worlds coming up I have horses on the brain....
default_laugh.png

It actually does look like the impression of the sole of the foot made of soap.....the frog is the indentation.
default_laugh.png
I love the different colors. Whatever it is I like it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm..Looks simular to what I do with my Daughter's broken crayons. We take all her broken crayons melt them in paper cups in the microwave and then pour the colors together slowly as they are cooling. As they cool we roll them into balls or cut them into shapes. Some of the colors mix and blend the trick is to mix them slowly as it cools so you don't just get a lump of brown or black. If done right you end up with a neat ball that can color all sorts of colors at once. I'm guessing they are scraps from soaps blended together? Neat colors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Psycodelic horse poop!
default_laugh.png
GROOVY!
default_smokesmile.gif

(I can't spell it but you know what I mean!)

You are so talented at your home crafts that I'll bet anything it's something you made!!!! Could it be one of your awesome candles or soaps maybe???? It looks AWESOME - LOVE the colors!!!!

Liz R.

What vivid imaginations!!! Good guesses all, and now that I look at it....sure DOES look like a frog (horse's) of some sort. Yep!!! It is soap rock and liltnt hit the nail on the head...except I think I will call these soap gemstones....or something like that. Liz, I'm still working on the colors too. This one was my first try but I've got another batch that is more lighter an they turned out pretty cool too I think. Well you all can be the judge......

Robin......Petrified horse poopie maybe? Would'nt that be nice if it all turned to look like this?
default_laugh.png

And thank you all for the kind words!

IMG_5982.jpg

Those are awesome soaps oops I mean gemstones Sterling, I love the colours!!! I have been without internet since Friday night, the main tower of my service got sabotaged so no internet until tonight, yay it is back on
default_biggrin.png

Yvonne

That is really cool Sterling!! I was thinking when I saw the first one that the colours reminded me of those rocks...you know the ones that are cut in half with the crystal looking particles on the inside....

Very pretty!!! well done!
default_thumbup.gif

~kathryn

Are they scented or non-scented? Is it hard to add scents to the soaps?

Liz R.

Hey Yvonne....good to see you back!!!
default_biggrin.png

Kathryn-- that's the look I'm looking for. I'm so glad that's what it reminded you of. When Dad saw them the first thing he said is ...."This looks like a rock"!
default_thumbup.gif
(I hadn't told him what it was yet.)

Liz, yes I can scent them if I want to. Have been debating about that tho because rocks don't really have scents. Just an earthy smell. Not hard to add the scents to the soaps at all. You have to be careful with some fragrances tho as they can turn a clear base into another color, namely yellow or brown. Don't want that when you're not looking for that.

Latest posts

Back