New horse is home

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mydaddysjag

Reaction score
Well, Today my new guy arrived this morning. I was pretty nervous. I have never had a horse brought home by a hauler, and didn't know what to expect. Heck, I didn't sleep a wink last night. Originally Domingo was supposed to be home yesterday between am and 9 am, but there were a few setbacks due to bad weather, then being behind schedule, so he got here at 10am today. I ended up staying up all night because originally it was supposed to be 6-9am, then 4-6 pm, then 9-11pm, then 11-12, then 6-7am, then the final call was 10 am. I was afraid I was going to fall asleep and not wake back up when she called that she was getting close, and I live about 30 minutes from the boarding barn. Well, we got there right when he did, actually were driving down the road behind them on the way there. They said Domingo was great on the trailer, and no trouble at all. He hopped off of the trailer like a pro, and looked great. Alert, perky, and didn't look like he lost any weight or anything despite being on the trailer for three days. Took him in the barn and got him in his stall for a little bit while they filled up their water tank and stretched their legs. He was circling in his stall a little, and I figured he probably had a little extra energy, so I got him out in the indoor arena figuring he would walk around a bit and stretch his legs. He decided he would trot around the arena for 20 minutes or so, with the occasional buck. He obviously was tired of standing around, and needed to stretch his legs. WOW does he have a beautiful trot. My non horsey hubby even loves him already.

I'll post the pictures once they are done uploading, I promise.

I want pictures!
default_laugh.png

Congrats on getting him home, sounds like it was a long trip!

Here is LTD's Domingo. Hes a Red cloud son, and magic man grandson. He has his halter HOF, and is close on a few others. Hopefully this little guy is going to teach me a few things this summer. I think I'll enjoy showing a lot more with a horse who isnt a loose cannon. My other guy is pretty hot headed.

358158182.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have watched Jasons son show him for years and he is an amazing little mini! He will teach you so much. Congrats!

Kay

Cingratulations, hes gorgeous, I really cant wate to see him clipped, but the little part that is, is, wow, hes gorgeous
default_wub.png
have fun with him
default_aktion033.gif

Congratulations on your handsome new boy! He is certainly going to be a nice horse for you to show!!

Glad to hear you guys have seen him show. I can't wait to get him clipped. Im in PA, and have to wait for warm enough weather. He is stalled and I have blankets for him, but even with that I don't think its quite warm enough just yet. If I remember I'll take a little video of him trotting tomorrow.

I just love this little guy
default_wub.png

I'm so glad that old "D" has made it to his new home. He has always been a great show horse for my son. He will be able to teach Megan so much about what to do in the show ring. I hope she loves him and has as much fun with him as we always have.

Congraulations! It sounds like you're in for a ton of fun with him!
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back