New Filly- 2 days old

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WSR's_Judy

Reaction score
I had to share I had a new filly born Sunday night.

She is really cute, but we are not sure what color to call her.

My husband says she looks like a bay with over spray.

Picture_3.jpg

P1010002.JPG

Sorry the pictures are large, they were downloaded from my website.

I would love options on what color you think she is.

Judy

Very pretty! Congratulations!!

She looks bay to me also!

Do you think her legs will stay white or will they turn black as she gets older?

She looks bay to me too. I would say that on the legs with pink hooves, she has some sort of marking that will stay white. It sort of looks like one front leg has a dark hoof - if that is the case, and it is not my imagination, my guess is that the leg with the dark hoof will turn black.

Her sire is a bay pinto with a lot of white and as you can see her mother is bay with some white lacing on her back.

This is my stallion's first foal. At first I was thinking she was a bay pinto with very little white, is that possible?

But I do not know if you can see it in the pictures but she has like a black wide streak down her back.

definately bay. the legs will darken up in a few weeks. congrats!

Bay foals are usually born with light/silvery lower legs. (where there are no white markings) They WILL darken with age.
default_yes.gif
:

Your filly appears to have dark front legs...all the way down to the hooves.

Her left rear leg has a short white sock (fetlock area). The leg will be black above that.

Her right rear leg has a white stocking. That leg will probably show some black in the hock area above the stocking.

Oh Judy, she's such a sweet doll! I'm so happy for you!! Congrats!

Latest posts

Back