New England Miniature Horse CLINIC

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KTS@Sawmill River

Reaction score
Well folks, The Show season in New England is almost among us.... The New England Miniature Horse Society is proud to present their 2008 Pre-Season Meet and Greet Event - Including an in depth Clinic featuring AMHA carded judge, Steve Lampson!

* Mr. Lampson has been an AMHA carded judge since 1999 and was selected as a World Judge in 2006!!!! He will be giving a seminar on how judges place classes, what to look for, and insight on how to better yourself, as an exhibitor in the show ring!!! He will also be offering tips and practical instruction..... Don't miss this opportunity!!!

Also,

* "Mini Mock classes" will also be held, featuring seasoned World exhibitors and their Champion Horses and will be judged by Mr. Lampson. These exhibitors will also be available to answer questions and give insight into training and preparing horses for the show ring. Driving, Halter, Obstacle, and Hunter/Jumper will be covered.

* A review of paperwork necessary to put your horse in the show ring!!!

* And MUCH, MUCH more!

NEMHS Pre-Season Meet and Greet Event at Greene Field Farm

Greene, RI

April 5th, 2008

Start time: 10 AM

Everyone is Welcome!!! Come enjoy a day with fellow Miniature horse lovers, at no cost!!!! You are also welcome to bring your own horse, and learn with us or a few demonstration horses will be available to use.

Directions:

Greene Field Farms

251 Waterman Hill Road, Greene, Rhode Island

From I-95:

Take Exit 5B- Rte 102 North, go 8 miles to Waterman Hill Rd.

Turn LEFT onto Waterman Hill Rd, go 4/10 mile to Greene Field Farm on LEFT.

Go thru gate and drive up to back where indoor arena is.

Plenty of parking area.

From I-395:

Take EXIT 88- Rte 14A (0neco), go EAST for 7 miles

Rte 14A runs into Rte 14,

Follow Rte 14 for 4 miles to Waterman Hill Rd

Turn RIGHT onto Waterman Hill Rd, follow one mile to Greene Field Farm on RIGHT

Go thru gate, drive up back to indoor arena.

Please visit the New england Miniature Horse Society's website for more details!

www.nemhs.org

Hope to see YOU there!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Kristina for posting this, we should add, that we would like people to RSVP so we know how many to expect, and there will be a pizza party going on for lunch, Also should mention that there will be a silent auction going on with lots of mini stuff and a rack of show clothes for sale, Here is your chance to get some items you need for the show season.

Please RSVP to [email protected] and let us know you are planning on attending the clinic, This should be a great time , a chance to meet other mini owners and learn what you need to know to show your miniature horse .

Hope you can make it, See you there and remember to bring a chair......JANE

Just bumping this topic back up!!!!
default_smile.png

Hope to see some forum members there..... This event is going to be F-U-N!!!! I am looking forward to seeing everyone!

Just wondering - and not even sure if I can come, but you did mention FUN & FOOD: Could I bring some scary obstacles and jumps for those Champion horses to try? And can people really bring their own minis to see how they stack up against them? Or just to get some valuable experience in jumping, obstacle, or driving?

Is this Kathy's farm? LOL if it is can someone please check and make sure she doesnt have kittens.... My husband came with me to this in 2004? We brought home two kittens of course they were not ready at the clinic but if my husband finds out its the same place im almost certain hes going to be asking :DOH!
default_rolleyes.gif
default_wub.png

-Kris

There is no cost to bring horses, we are going to do demo's and have Judge( Steve Lampson) do a talk, then we wanted to put on a few mock classes and let people try to do the class and have the classes Judged, then have Judge (Steve Lampson) talk to the people in the class and explain why he pinned it the way he did and what people did wrong, so you can learn.

You can bring your own horse and we will have a few there that can be used. This will be chance to learn from a great longtime Judge and meet members of the club and make some new friendships and have a great time. There will be a silent auction going on, lots of show clothes for sale and a fun pizza party luinch

And we will do doing a talk on what to look for when buying a mini and what you need to bring the day of the show and this is not Kathys, so you dont have to worry about kittens and Mary you can bring them along and we can see if we can use them..

RSVP to [email protected] or call 401-397-6574 and let us know you plan on attending.

Hope you can make it, See you there...JANE

The stuff isn't that scary to normal minis, but our gelding Cowboy is very suspicious of anything out of the ordinary, so they are very scary to him. Things like flower boxes to go under the jumps, a walk-under for obstacle. No live animals (other than minis), and NO KITTENS. But very good for practice.

Bailey,

I see your also from RI, Where are you, I am in Greene (Coventry) ?? JANE

We are planning on going to all of the nemhs shows this year. We joined at equine affair so we are members now. We came to a few last year, but not all.
Great, We have to meet at the clinic, see you then...JANE

I will be there, of course, and cant wait!
default_aktion033.gif
I hope to meet some new people and catch up with some old friends. Should be a blast with the pizza party, mock classes, and silent auction! I will be bringing a rack of show clothes and other mini related things for people to bid on. This is a great chance to learn from a highly respectable judge wether your new to showing or have done it for years. Don't be shy to bring your own horse and join in on the fun!! I also want to thank Kristina and Darlene for all the hard work they did on promoting the clinic and putting it all together!! Great job you two!
default_aktion033.gif

How much clipping will people be doing? I am still chopping ice here, so it is hard to think of clipping, but this is not that far away!

WOW!!! The interest in this clinic is AWESOME!!! I am so excited!!!!

How much clipping will people be doing? I am still chopping ice here, so it is hard to think of clipping, but this is not that far away!
I know how you feel about chopping ice, Mary.... This winter has been awful as far as ice goes!!! I am planning on body clipping the horses that I am bringing with me. As close to a show clip as I can get without razoring(as long as the weather decides to cooperate..... It should by then!!!). Body clipping isn't necessary..... Any horse is welcome regardless of lack of or abudance of hair!!!

I also want to thank Kristina and Darlene for all the hard work they did on promoting the clinic and putting it all together!! Great job you two!
Thank you so much for your kind words, Zoe!!! I only did a little bit, but Darlene and Jane P. have put a TON of work into this clinic, and it would not have been possible without them!!! Looking forward to seeing you!!! Will you be bringing any horses with you? Looks like you have a few new additions to your show string!!! Can't wait to see them!
default_smile.png

Kristina,

I look forward to seeing you too!! I won't probably be bringing any horses myself, unless someone needs me to. Your right, we couldn't have done it without Jane also!! Thanks a bunch Jane!!
default_aktion033.gif
Im so excited!!
default_new_multi.gif
Already counting down the days....

Latest posts

Back