new breed of dog?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBennettp

Reaction score
I was on my way to my sister's house Sunday and saw this sign. I almost stopped to see what they looked like. It did give me a laugh.

Chewawa pups for sale.

That is funny! I wonder if they are pourbreed?

Years ago, I used to volunteer to help little kids w/ reading at an elementary school. One boy I helped told me that he had a chi-chi-wa-wa dog :bgrin

Sorry, but I'm going to have to be a party pooper. I don't find it amusing at all. There are far too many dogs being bred in this country and anyone who would spell it like that should not be breeding if they can't even spell the name right, whether on purpose or as a funny. They don't take it seriously. A serious, respectable chihuahua breeder would be insulted.

OK, putting on my flame proof suit now!
default_torch.gif
:

I cannot even spell that breed name and I work for an emergency vet clinic and see a large number of them...it is a hard word to learn! Owners are always asking me how to spell it and I just say "write Chi" on the paperwork and we will know what you mean!
default_smile.png
Diarrhea was another very hard word for me to learn! Have it down now!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, but I'm going to have to be a party pooper. I don't find it amusing at all. There are far too many dogs being bred in this country and anyone who would spell it like that should not be breeding if they can't even spell the name right, whether on purpose or as a funny. They don't take it seriously. A serious, respectable chihuahua breeder would be insulted.

default_torch.gif
:

I was thinking the exact same thing! Just makes me shake my head.

It is sad and funny too.

A little off topic but still in the same idea...

We have a lady who lives on our road and for YEARS she has had free kittens every few months. It started out years ago as a homemade cardboard sign in the front yard "Free Kittens". Over the years it has progressed to a professionally made laminated nice sign "Free Kittens". My husband and I have watched this and commented on it for a long, long time. She could have had the momma cat spayed for the price of the professional sign......

I think this is just crazy.

default_torch.gif
:
No flames here, I agree.

GOOD GRIEF- about the dogs AND free kittens! :eek:

I saw an ad the other night for a "Jerman Shepherd". I thought at first it was a typo until they spelled it the same way three other times in the ad. Doesn't everybody know how to spell, "G-e-r-m-a-n"? And it was registered (which is meaning less and less these days :no: ). A real serious breeder, huh?

lol I must agree that its a bit sad if your breeding the dog and cant spell its name! Too many ppl breeding in my opinion! But I also work in a pet clinic and I swear it took me a couple days to actually get it right!

lol at our clinic we like to call them funny names like " Chi-hooah-hooah" or Chihoohoo's lol!

Cheers

Masako

well I know sometimes in papers the typos are due to the employees not the one paying for the add but in signs...

well when we got our first Chi.. raven always said I have a itchy-wawa so we named our first one Itchy

Not a hard word at all for me... Chihuahua! It makes me want to vomit the amount of gross people there are in the world. If I had my way at the snap of my fingers ANY person that abused animals or humans would be gone from existance and the world would be a better place. Ahhhh to dream! haha.

It's all such a big mess we've gotten ourselves into. Another problem is far too many people are uneducated when purchasing animals. Far too many parents don't know how to say "NO" to their children and buy that puppy in the petstore which was brought in from a puppy mill. AHHHHHHHHHH :no:

Not a hard word at all for me... Chihuahua! It makes me want to vomit the amount of gross people there are in the world. If I had my way at the snap of my fingers ANY person that abused animals or humans would be gone from existance and the world would be a better place. Ahhhh to dream! haha.

It's all such a big mess we've gotten ourselves into. Another problem is far too many people are uneducated when purchasing animals. Far too many parents don't know how to say "NO" to their children and buy that puppy in the petstore which was brought in from a puppy mill. AHHHHHHHHHH :no:

Actually I am pleasantly surprised at how few pet stores carry puppies anymore. I think I have seen 1 in the last 5 years. Education is working nicely people are changing their ways. I would never buy from a pet store or reccomend one and usually have a short list of good breeders to refer anyone looking for a puppy. If I don't have personal knowledge I always refer people to the parent club or their local breed club.

I think what is sad in this case is someone who is breeding and selling, so should be educated and knowledgeable, cannot even spell the name of their breed.

And Lisa I never realized that was how itchy got her name :bgrin too cute.

Latest posts

Back