New Barn...almost done, but too excited to hold it in

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FairytailGlennMinis

Reaction score
Hubby and I have been busy for about 6 months or more now with our first home. We have rented our current place for 12 years and oh MAN what a difference! Anyway, the house is done and we closed yesterday and the barn was also finished yesterday. Now I just have to get out there and paint it (the tan is primer) and get the dividers put in for the stalls. There will be a lean-to put on the back that will be 1/2 run in and 1/2 hay/cart storage. I have waited SO long for this! So--here it is, 3 8x8 stalls with split doors!

The water spout isn't as close as it looks--it is about 10-12 feet in front...the barn was placed about 10 feet more forward than it should have been--oh well!

NewBarn.jpg

And the view of it from the back porch

Barn-viewfrombackporch.jpg

You'll have to excuse the weeds--the weather keeps interrupting the tilling and seeding. That should get done next week...weather willing! The fencing should be soon coming as well. Wohoo.

Thanks for letting me share!

Amy

Ain't it just the sweetest little barn! Wood fencing or wire? and I love how you can sit on the porch and set to watch, one of my favorite things to do after a long day mowing! (like today)

The fencing will be wood posts with mesh wire field-type fencing. I would love to eventually have an outside perimeter of vinyl, but it is super pricey and I absolutely want something to keep any loose dogs OUT of my pasture. I went back and forth about having the treated wood floor but in the end decided it might be easier with layered crushed gravel with a layer of sand and then mats on top. I have thought about this for a lot of years and even while planning changed my mind about 30 times. I will be happier when we get the ridge vent caps on there and the rain washes the muddy footprints off the shingles. LOL I can hardly wait to see my three babies with their faces peering out of their own cozy rooms.

Amy, its perfect, I am so happy for all of you (human and animal) You deserve it so much.

Thanks Karen! I would really love to have you up for a visit when you have time.
default_smile.png

Thanks everyone...can you tell I am bouncing?
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Amy, I am so happy for you. I know you are so excited. I love the barn. Your horses

are going to love it more.We hope to see you soon. Maryann

I love it!!!!!!Isn't having a new barn great! You're nesting! The fun part is getting in there to add your personal touches. Fun Fun Fun
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif

It's very nice, super cozy, and will provide plenty of nice protection for your little ones. And what a view!!!

Glad to see you also went with a shingle roof. We did too. Love it! Also we used lots of gravel too on the bottom of our floors several inches, then sand on top. Lots and lots of sand. It will filter through here and there so let that happen before you add your mats.

Good luck and best wishes!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Very cool AMY!!! That barn is just like mine plus a stall!! You will love love love it! Where did you move to?

Courtney
default_aktion033.gif

Thanks everyone...I am just tickled.

Courtney, it is a new "equestrian" community...about 10 minutes closer to Danville.
default_biggrin.png
There are miles and miles of trails--cart friendly trails! You'll have to come over and we can go cruising. lol

Very nice!
default_aktion033.gif

I noticed the color of your ground.....sure don't see that around my area.....is that sand? Or dirt? or clay? Silly question probably
default_rolleyes.gif

It's just wonderful, congratulations!!
default_aktion033.gif

It is awesome!!!! Looks so cozy. We are also building a barn, putting on the metal this weekend. I will post picture of the progress when we are done. Congrats!!!! Hope the fencing comes soon for you.

Latest posts

Back