New babies doing better today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHARLOTTE & JOHN

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the advice and the information - Even Nathan - we know you mean well.

The two little ones are in a much friendlier mood today. They came right up to the fence and didn't run away when John petted them this morning. I went out into the field with my chair and my brush and sat down. They came right over to me to check out my brush and bucket and wanted to be loved on and brushed.

Here is a picture, Please excuse the wet fur as it has rained some here this morning.

hhh.jpg

And I left them wanting more.

Thanks again.

Charlotte

Last edited by a moderator:
HELLO,

I missed the first topic on this subject, but glad to hear they are doing great. :aktion033:

Awww that's always my favorite thing to do too is get a chair and sit out in the pasture! Except I always forget the chair so...the ground becomes my friend!

You got it! Just sitting with them and showing that you're not a threat is the best thing you could do! Love the picture - now they're curious as to what you're all about - that is wonderful!!!

Liz R.

Cute!
default_smile.png
I'm glad you've decided to stick around. There is a lot of experience here and many will offer extra advice when they see the opportunity and think it might help. You just have to remember to be responsible for your own emotions and try not to read a tone into someone's post. Some information may be overwhelming or not what you wanted to hear, right or wrong, but it's usually posted with good intentions. You can and should always do your own research, no matter what. When in doubt, call a vet (or two or three)!

Ahhhhhhhh what a great picture; now that is what I like to do too.

I sit on my stool out there and camp. They are so curious, always looking for handouts too.

Post more pics! :aktion033:

Have a great day! :saludando:

You know, I saw the other thread, and I am sorry some of what was said was so rude.

However, let me say CONGRATS! You've just gone and gotten yourself minis, and I'm sooo jealous
default_smile.png
In a good way. You've got what I've wanted for years! LOL

They are adorable- and I hope for the best for you all
default_smile.png

Charlotte, that is a wonderful photo, I love the big grin! Your new babies look quite wonderful. I love the silver! YAY!

Looks like you took Lisa's excellent advice to heart. You are going to have a hard time leaving that pasture, that is for sure!

I look forward to hearing more about your progress.
default_smile.png
:saludando:

Now, THAT'S my favorite past time.
default_wub.png
: Sitting out in the pasture and loving on my foals. When I return from Nationals, I will be bringing my last '07 foal up into the barn for weaning.
default_crybaby.gif
: No more "babies" until April. All boring show horses now.
default_wink.png
:

Charlotte, you have a heart of gold to be so kind. Some of what was said to you in your other post was so rude. I don't know why people can't say things in a nice way.

It is so obvious that you truly enjoy your 2 new little ones. The smile on your face says it all. And I'd venture to say that your minis are a dream come true for you as mine are to me.

Have fun and I will certainly look forward to your posts :saludando:

I love the picture you shared with us, seeing the joy on your face made my day!!

Welcome to the forum :saludando:

Great picture!! That is what having minis is all about for us too. We have chairs everywhere. We live in the pasture.....

We have had an extreme ill mini for the past 2 days. I think the vet is always amazed that we spend so much time with them and have them so tame. We had to prop our little girl up with hay bales yesterday with her head in my lap asleep to get an IV line running in....we are so attached to them, when they feel bad, so do we. Thank goodness we have turned the corner I think and on the mend......

PS- a 5-gallon bucket will haul your brushes and stuff, then flip it over and have a seat!!
default_yes.gif
:

Charlotte,

What a wonderful picture! From the way you first described them I didn't think it would be long at all for them to be friendly together as well as alone. :)

They look so pretty and like really nice babies!

You also set a really good example of kindness in your post..... for all of us. :)

Susan O.

What a wonderful photo of you and your babies! We, too, spend hours out with our horses...even taking naps lying on the ground with them.

I hope that in time you can go back to that previous thread and sort the good advice from the attitude. You are right that everyone meant well, and even those that came across as mean or harsh are loaded with great information.

Just keep loving and learning, with your hearts and your minds wide open, and you and your babies should do fine. We all were beginners at some point, and we all are forever learning. I look forward to many more posts from you.

I agree.........A picture says a THOUSAND words!!!

MA

Latest posts

Back