New Arrivals to Wisconsin's Frigid Winter

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DunPainted

Reaction score
[SIZE=10pt]Arrrgh!
default_new_shocked.gif
.......... It's 12 below, not including the wind chill factor, here in NE Wisconsin. [/SIZE]

OUR NEW ARRIVALS, Red Stone Scouts Go Man Go & Valley View Designer Jet arrived last week to one of the coldest winters in ages. After a couple days of acclimation to our barn with an adjoining paddock area, Buck and Princess Jet were turned out to a big pasture!

Jan11-Escape.jpg
escape from captivity!!

Jan11-KidsFront.jpg
huddling up for warmth!

Today, however, it's too cold for the pair to go outside. Even with 6 inches of shavings in their stall and plenty of oats consumed, their eyelashes are adorned with frost.

Unimaginably, our St. Bernard, Arlo, and his little sister, Tubby, were none too eager to venture outside longer than necessary.....

Jan15-ArloTubby.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on your new horses.

I wish it was that warm here. we are -22 today with wind chil factors of -40. All the poor horses have frosted faces and I have a filly coming up from Florida on Monday. Poor thing is in for a shock.
default_new_shocked.gif

Good thing I have a heated barn.

Very nice little ones, congratualtions..........we have you beat temperature wise. . . . . it's 22 below here and no one is going out!

Not very often that the barn seems really warm when you go in but today it's warm in the barn, compared to what's outside.

I thought we had it bad with our 26 degrees at night and 56 in the day time. My horses still have 4" of hair.

Congratulations on your beautiful new boys! I just love your Arlo and Tubby too!!
default_wub.png

Hi Cindy

I love that 2nd picture of Buck and "Princess Jet". I am glad they are doing well in the cold weather. Its good you got them home before the real cold weather set in. Of course "Princess" was ready for it as she was pretty fuzzy when she left S.D.

It's a bit nippy here too....It was 27 degrees below when I got off work this morning and now it is 4 below (both without windchill)
default_new_shocked.gif

Love your dogs!

Cindy

Congratulations on your new additions ~ Look like they are plenty happy with their new home
default_wink.png

Janice Silvio

Amore' Miniatures

Congrats! Cute kids.

Hope they came from a similarly cold neck of the woods,

although they looks plenty wooley.......

But along with the rest of us probably looking forward

to spring.

Both are just precious and your dogs.....................they are SOOOOO adorable! Loved all the pics! Congratulations! It's way cold here too - I am SO ready for spring/summer.

Congratulations, Cindy on Buck and Princess Jet!! They are both just gorgeous! Love the pictures - you will have so much fun with those precious babies!

I LOVE the picture of Arlo and Tubby - I really think you need to have a framed enlargement of them - that is just too cute for words!

Latest posts

Back