New Additions to White Tails

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteTailsMinis

Reaction score
White Tails would like to introduce our very first PATTON line to our program. Two to be exact as we purchased a Patton daughter and her filly at side, a Patton granddaughter.

Please welcome ERL Pattons Something About Her, a 2005 double registered Chestnut mare and her 2011 palomino filly (which we are thinking is actually Perlino now upon observation) sired by Little Kings Jr Jock, a Buckeroo son. Her filly is eligible for double registration also and WE get to name her! whoohooo This mare has also been exposed to Little Kings Top Bucks for a 2012 foal. Top Bucks is a Top Cat son.

Both mare and filly are a joy to be around - so gentle and loving and the filly has personality to die for. I really think she's regal and she flags her tail as she floats on air just at a bouncing walk. The mare has only just met us but allows all the interaction we want with her baby. Even though this March '11 foal was not born here, she is an "in your face" baby with lots of lovin to share as you can see here:

2011-06-19_14-45-24_997.jpg

2011-06-19_14-46-42_608.jpg

261570_230963410249880_100000086690844_1038543_5842933_n.jpg

251134_230963833583171_100000086690844_1038554_2741937_n.jpg

and while Momma is taller than we normally like here, she's an exceptional horse with not only the bloodlines but the temperament and disposition we require from all our horses:

patton20daughter202sm.jpg

Thanks for letting us share our newest members

wtfallstallions6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Both are beautiful, congrats! The filly can not be perlino though since her dam is chestnut. A perlino would have to get a cream gene from sitmre and dam both.

The only thing that comes to mind is wow, congrats they are gorgeous

Both are beautiful, congrats! The filly can not be perlino though since her dam is chestnut. A perlino would have to get a cream gene from sitmre and dam both.
Thank you for the info. She has the weird eye color (like amber or greenish) and the purple skin so that's what led us to wonder Perlino vs Palomino. Her skin around eyes, muzzle and such are purplish unlike the palominos we have. I'm not experienced with genetics if it isn't an obvious straight forward color LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh shoot-just saw I mistyped sire, sorry about that! I think the amber colored eyes can come from any dilute and I also get it with my silvers, sometimes apps, and duns. So it's not too unusual. I think double dilutes have to have the crystal blue eyes.

congratulations on your new aquisition. I have two Patton daughters and they have produced really well for mw.

As for the filly, she is a palomino, not a creme or perlino.

A cream is a double dilute down from the red gene. So, to get a cremello, it would have to recieve the red gene and a dilute gene from each parent.

As for perlino, that is a double dilute down from the bay gene. Both parents would have to throw the dilute and the bay gene.

The red gene is dominant, so if one parent throws the red gene, then the foal would have to be a cremello.

Hope I have not confused you. A single red dilute gene is a palomino, a single dilute gene with a bay is a buckskin.

Beautiful pair : Congratulations

congratulations on your new aquisition. I have two Patton daughters and they have produced really well for mw.

As for the filly, she is a palomino, not a creme or perlino.

A cream is a double dilute down from the red gene. So, to get a cremello, it would have to recieve the red gene and a dilute gene from each parent.

As for perlino, that is a double dilute down from the bay gene. Both parents would have to throw the dilute and the bay gene. Actually only one parent has to contribute the bay (agouti) gene altho they must both supply a cream dilution to create a perlino

The red gene is dominant, so if one parent throws the red gene, then the foal would have to be a cremello.

The black gene is actually the dominant gene and if a horse carries black it will express it and be black based (the actual color will depend on what if any modifiers are present. Thus a red/sorrel horse like this mare caries no black gene (she could carry agouti since it only affects black pigment) a cremello will only carry red and can not have gotten black from either parent.

Hope I have not confused you. A single red dilute gene is a palomino, a single dilute gene with a bay is a buckskin.

Lucky you! I love the Patton line. I'm sure she'll produce many wonderful babies for you. And the foal is a beauty also. And I agree, not a double dilute, but a pretty palomino.

Latest posts

Back