Neverending Saga: I think I hate Kodak

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
For Christmas I got a Kodak ZD710. Loved it. Takes great pictures and no delay. Then I got into making movies and that has been fun........for a while. Then the pictures began to get out of focus and kind of blurry. So I get out my handbook to check adjustments but so far, I've got everything right. But I still have blur. Nope, not the lens either. So then I go back to my movie making and think Hey, this is still fun.....I'll live with the little blur.
default_laugh.png

Until I found out that Windows Movie Maker is not compatible with Kodak. And Kodak has a horrible editing program that doesn't do all the things that other movie making software does such as compress files and convert etc. I splice movies in Kodak and they repeat themselves here and there. I'll be watching the video I just made and splice it and I get in the middle of it and it burps and starts over. Figuring I have done it wrong, I do it over and over with the book mind you, and finally decide, it's not me, it's got to be them. Now I want to add my own music. So I follow the directions and had music uploaded to MY MUSIC and there is no way on this green earth that I can figure out how to add MY MUSIC to my Kodak video sitting in the viewing area according to their directions. It just does not work. There is no way to get them from MY MUSIC files dragging or otherwise over to where it says I have to move the file to. If there is, someone please enlighten me. So now I am beginning to cop an attitude.
default_wacko.png

So I come in the other day with another movie to transfer into my PC (known as "Latush")........well guess what? It will not transfer anymore. Have no clue why until I got a notice that my USB port was not connected> Huh? Yes it was and I checked it. Then I also moved it to another one to be sure it wasn't my USB port. Still, no transfer. So now I go to Kodak trouble shooting and follow everything it tells me to do and then some. So I uninstall, reinstall, then I install new USB port drivers and nothing. Then I upload the new improved version of software. Huh? Why is it new? My camera is new? Oh gee whiz but I do that too.

Finally I get fed up and contact Kodak at their freebie number and guess what? You have to wait 15 mintues to talk to someone so Ok I wait. Then, lucky me......I get Jesus on the phone. He's in the Philippines and he can't understand me very well and I can't hear him hardly at all. I want to speak to someone in this country that I can understand and hear better but Jesus tells me I am stuck with him for now. So ok, we make do and after 1 hour and a half or more, still no transfer. And then it gets worse: Now I have orange blinking lights. Ok change batteries, now I only have green blinking lights. Now my shutter won't open and Jesus feels bad about it. So do I!!!!!!!So I am back to the troubleshooting place on Kodak dot com. They don't have the answer I need so I have to fill out their stupid form and wait for an answer. So finally two days later they answer me and guess what? They want me to call another number and guess where that is? Yup, it's where Jesus lives back in the Philippines. So guess who answered me this time? No joke.......twas Mary. (Maria actually)Yes, so I can hear her a lot better than Jesus who she says she doesn't know..........
default_new_shocked.gif
But we got disconnted so I had to call back and wait 15 minutes again and got to speak to Mark. Mark is very nice but he was also of no help.

Anyhow, he has me go to to my control panel and check this and that and do everything that Jesus told me to do and I explained I already did that. So he tells me to go write to Kodak dot com.......now I am in a real vicious circle so instead I take myself back to Walmart to see Beverly the camera lady who is so nice and is always chewing gum and blowing bubbles and guess what she says? She tells me there is lots of trouble with Kodak software. She doesn't know what else to tell me. Then I start thinking way back a few years ago that I had a lot of problems with my other Kodak easyshare software too. It resovled itself somehow, but I just can't remember how.

So I go home and try again and this time when I plugged my camera back into the USB cable my cannon printer starts burping. Oh you are kidding me now. Now I am thinking I am having some kind of a Cannon VS Kodak conflict. So off I go to see David my computer man. He's not finding the problem and has no idea but gives me a new USB cable and that doesn't help. So then he suggests that I just get a card reader. :DOH! Well yes I can get a card reader but I would still like all these problems solved too anyhow.

To further complicate things, I did a Windows update around the same time that I began having these transfer to my computer problems and wondered if that had anything to do with anything.

So then I come back home again and go online and look for all sorts of tutorials and message boards and things that might have this same kind of problem going on. And guess what this time? I do come up with a few that say that Kodak software is the pits. Ya think? Tell me something I already don't know. I go back to Kodak dot com again and email them again and ask if there is any chance I can speak to a human that can hear me.

So tonite I come in from the barn and the light is blinking on the answer phone. So I push "play" to see who it is and guess who it is?????? IT'S THE KODAK MAN!!!!!!!!!! And I missed his call. I cannot believe I missed his call. Oh, I sure hope he calls tomorrow. And I don't hink he's in the Philippines either. But he doesn't leave a call back number and it's not on my phone ID. So I am hoping he will call me back.

I sure hate to throw my Christmas present in the garbage but right now, it doesn't look good.
default_no.gif

For all you movie making gurus I think you guys are pure genius to make such cool movies you have out there. Betcha aren't making them with a Kodak ZD710
default_wink.png

Happy picture taking!

Last edited by a moderator:
So sorry Marty. I've made just 1 or 2 movies a few years ago. We had a Sony computer and it came preloaded with a movie maker, so when we bought our video camera we bought a Sony, everything was compatable, but when the computer broke we bought a gateway the guy sold us software called Pinnacle studio, it is pretty easy to use after you get the hang of it, like any computer program. Maybe that program will help you?

Good Luck, Kathy

Marty....gee I hate hearing all this, since I have a Kodak too! We did some shorty horse videos awhile back and had many many problems too trying to get them onto the computer and in a sendable format. I wasn't doing it myself - might have thrown the thing in the trash LOL - but I know it took many hours.....

The guys you get on the phone - in the Philipines or wherever - have a set of questions and answers they run you through. If you try to jump ahead or ask something out of the routine, they don't understand the subject well enough to answer. Have been through that with Dell.....enough to make you want to pull your hair out!

Jan

it may not be kodak... i had a similar problem with my ipod. it is supposed to upload your music list when you charge it, to pick up any change you have made. suddenly it stopped doing that. i can plug my camera and several other things in the same USB port and they work, but the ipod isn't recognized. hwoever i can take the same cord and ipod to my daughter's computer and it works just fine!

default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif

Marty, After you talked to Jesus and Mary, you became my Saint.
default_biggrin.png
I now have the perfect excuse to never ever EVER try to make a movie. I have a Kodak camera too. Thank you, Saint Marty.
default_wub.png
default_biggrin.png
Hope you get the mess figured out.

UPDATE:

I am very impressed with the service I am getting from Kodak! Ok these guys are on the ball. You ask for a human to speak to in the US and not have to go through a robot menu forever, and that's what I got. Long story short, its' the camera. The problem is that little bitty hole thingy where you plug the USB into. Its shot. It's not my computer, or my programs, or my this or my that, it's the camera thingy hole.

So for now, I have a card reader so I can continue my new life as bad movie maker person. So stay tuned....I'm loading programs! hehe

default_new_rofl.gif
you crack me up Marty. Not a funny situation but your telling of it is hilarious! Glad you got the mystery solved.

Maxine

oh my your thingy hole, thank goodness not your hole thingy
default_new_shocked.gif
I am cracking up! I have kodak, got a new computer (HP) with VISTA , and it doesn't want me to have Kodak easy share, I try and I try but Vista just doesn't want to let it in. I can so relate! They invented Vista so you would have to buy all new software
default_no.gif
My kodak easy share would compress when I saved it.........I ask Vista how do I compress my photo's!

Marty, try:

Click on Start..........click on Run and type the following in the opening textbox:

REGSVR32 SHIMGVW.DLL

And press the Enter key.

See if that helps any.

Note that there is a space between 32 and SHI........

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back