need help....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Molly's Run Minis

Reaction score
i am so po'ed right now. i took misty for a trail drive and needless to say, by the time the trail drive was done, the cart seat was broken and the harness nearly fell off the shafts of the cart. i am so irritated i dont know what to do.. i am just happy that misty and i made it back without injury.

can anyone recommend a good cart and harness that wont make us go broke and will actually last more than a month?

ETA: sorry about that, i was just extremely angry and wasnt thinking when i posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry about your issues but unless you have contacted the company you purchased it from, you shouldn't assume anything and you sure shouldn't have their name in a negative post.

Yes I agree, I take that they didnt put the cart together so i would strongly suggest that you take their name off of your rant. Maybe try contacting them first to see what happened! I am glad that you and your horse made it home safe.

can someone please tell me what the difference is between the Bellcrown Areocrown and the Bellcrown Minicrown?

Jerald makes an easy-entry type cart they call the Runabout that is a step above the cheaper metal easy entry carts. What sort of trail driving do you do? I see your horse cantering in your avatar, so if you're doing more out-of-the-ordinary trail driving you will need to invest in heavier-duty equipment than the average person.

Andrea

Jerald makes an easy-entry type cart they call the Runabout that is a step above the cheaper metal easy entry carts. What sort of trail driving do you do? I see your horse cantering in your avatar, so if you're doing more out-of-the-ordinary trail driving you will need to invest in heavier-duty equipment than the average person.

Andrea

the hardest part of our trail drive is when she has to go up a slightly bumpy grass hill. thats the only hard part. the rest of the trail is a dirt road.

It's not expensive, at all, but I've used our Frontier Easy Entry carts on a number of trail drives and they've done just fine.

There's been quite a bit of discussion of Aerocrown vs. Bellcrown on the driving forum, where it would make more sense to post this question.

While neither is inexpensive, they are each much superior to a basic easy entry. While Ive had no such problem, I've heard of numerous people having a problem with easy entry seats breaking.

You may need to communicate via Private Message to get the "low down" on any cart manufacturer who advertises on LB.

can someone please tell me what the difference is between the Bellcrown Areocrown and the Bellcrown Minicrown?
You can go right on their site and see photos and compare. Off the top of my head,... Aerocrown is a single seater, bellcrown minicrown is a bench seat. Aerocrown is lighter than the bellcrown mincrown, but both are a well made cart that is an easy entry. Both are expensive but well built.

Well, I'm not much help I suppose; all my harnesses are Mose Miller harnesses, and I love them--they have nice leather, are well made, and they fit very well. As long as I make sure I adjust everything correctly, they will not be falling off my shafts.

Unless something--a buckle, or a strap, or the shaft--broke or unless the harness does not fit well or is not properly adjusted, I can't see any harness just falling off the shafts. Do you have a leather or nylon harness?

For carts I have a CTM mini cart and the Smart Carts. I have had no problem with my CTM cart and someone I know that has been driving a lot more than I do has the same cart & has had no problems with hers. I do know that the board under the CTM seat isn't real heavy so I suppose it could break. At the same time I've heard from two other people that the seat on their Frontier EE carts broke. Both used a heavier piece of plyboard to make a new seat bottom and that fixed that for both of them. The Smart Carts are much more sturdy than any basic EE cart be it Frontier, CTM or some knockoff, but of course they are much more pricey as well.

We bought our EE cart over eight years ago and it's stil going strong, and it was secondhand. The back is broken but the seat is fine and we ain't no lightweights....
default_laugh.png
I don't know what kind it is, looks like a generic EE cart that everyone uses....
default_biggrin.png

How did the harness come off the shafts???
default_new_shocked.gif

I have a Jerald Easy Entry cart that I have had for 10 years. I have also had several horses that I trained with that cart. Some bucked, some got the shafts twisted, some tried to take off. All on dirt roads, but a great cart that is still totally intact.

Back