need help with my dog

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Betsy

Reaction score
My dog Rosie is Driving me Crazy!!

I have a job now from 8-3pm. my dog Rosie I believe is mad at me

because mom is not home anymore. She has Now started Pooping in her cage. She

has Never ever done that. I need help on what to do about all of this!!

is she mad at me and having separation anxiety?

what's going on with her??

I need help please, she is driving me(mom)nuts!!!!

I can't give you an exact answer, but hopefully this will help some.

You changed your schedule, now you'll need to work on changing hers. If she is in her kennel from 8-3, then she'll have to be fed and walked earlier so she'll be ready to go in for that time frame (at least 1/2 hour, probably longer before she goes into the kennel). You can't expect her to hold it, if you feed her right before she goes in, some dogs just can't go that long.

And, she may very well be upset with the change, so you may have to give her a good chew toy to occupy her time while in her kennel.

I totally agree with Chanda.

Sounds like your dog's body clock is just scheduled to purge when she's crated.

While she may be missing you I seriously doubt she's pooing mad at ya.

I agree with the others. I'm normally home during the day, but when I have to be gone for the majority of the day I wait to feed the indoor dogs until I get home in the evening. That way they have less to "hold in". I also try to let them out to use the bathroom at least twice before I leave, even if it's really early in the morning. Sometimes my Catahoula gets distracted when she goes outside and I like to give her another chance to go.
default_wink.png

If that doesn't help, you may have to see if you can find someone to come let Rosie out at some point during the day while you are gone. Good luck!

We feed our dogs in the evenings so that they are pretty empty by the time they have to be crated for the day. We are accident free unless someone has a digestive problem which is rare.

I did come home one day to a big mess, the golden squirted all over the crate and he was a mess. Poor guy, felt bad for him, then the indignity of a b#ath on top of it. Would leave him loose if he didn't eat shoes but of course it isn't like we can explain that to him.

I agree the poor dog has to take a dump! That's a long time in the crate.

Feed the dog when you get home from work at 3:00, but be sure she still has plenty of potty time before you go to work in the morning. Don't forget to give her toys or something nice to play with in the crate that will occupy her time all day while you are gone. Try a kong toy with a hole in it that you fill up with kibble. Takes them a while to get it out of there.

That photo of you and your dog is so cute! She sure loves you!
default_smile.png

For Rosie to poo in her pen means she really has to go because a dog will usually not poo in their "den" unless they absolutely need to. You will have to change your feed schedule for her like someone has suggested - feeding her in the evening, or a little when you get home at 3 and again in the evening. She will sleep lots when your gone and ready for lots of play and lovin when you get home
default_smile.png

Back