Need a bumper pull trailer ASAP in MS - Bradfords

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

minimini

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
I have a guy with an emergency vehicle pulling cell phone towers that will pick up a bumper pull trailer outside of Biloxi and go in to get the Bradford's horses. Please call me at 817-905-0034 or email amelrod@gmail.com if you have any ideas. His wife is working with me and they want to be sure and verify if the Bradford's have gotten help yet.

Thanks!

~ Alison
 

minimini

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
minimini said:
I have a guy with an emergency vehicle pulling cell phone towers that will pick up a bumper pull trailer outside of Biloxi and go in to get the Bradford's horses.  Please call me at 817-905-0034 or email amelrod@gmail.com if you have any ideas.  His wife is working with me and they want to be sure and verify if the Bradford's have gotten help yet. 
Thanks!

~ Alison

460595[/snapback]

Or Mobile, AL? They will take several people with them if need be....
 

minimini

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
Okay, a gal from Stepps Towing (www.stepps.com) who has a husband delivering cell phone towers says she can get him into the Bradford's. She has gotten through to a reporter on the ground who is telling her she will contact Anderson Cooper within the hour to find out the status of this....hold on!!

Hope to update again soon!!
 

minimini

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
minimini said:
Okay, a gal from Stepps Towing (www.stepps.com) who has a husband delivering cell phone towers says she can get him into the Bradford's.  She has gotten through to a reporter on the ground who is telling her she will contact Anderson Cooper within the hour to find out the status of this....hold on!!
Hope to update again soon!!

460614[/snapback]

OOPS - www.steppstowing.com
 

Marty

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2002
Messages
13,596
Reaction score
520
Location
Tennessee
My trailer is way too far away but please tell the cell phone tower man that there's a lady on a mountaintop in Tennessee that says I'll kiss his feet someday for this!
 

minimini

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
THEY HAVE FEED!!! YAY!! One of their neighbor's called me this afternoon and said he would be sure to check on them. Well, not only did he do that, he also drove out of his way to go to a feed store and buy feed for them! I just talked to the neighbors sister and she says the Bradfords were SO appreciate and are doing okay. Working out details on getting the horses out still....someone may already be on their way for tomorrow...
 

minimini

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
minimini said:
THEY HAVE FEED!!!  YAY!!  One of their neighbor's called me this afternoon and said he would be sure to check on them.  Well, not only did he do that, he also drove out of his way to go to a feed store and buy feed for them!  I just talked to the neighbors sister and she says the Bradfords were SO appreciate and are doing okay.  Working out details on getting the horses out still....someone may already be on their way for tomorrow...
460630[/snapback]

Okay, totally got too excited and ahead of myself there....the neighbor was leaving northern alabama this morning to go back and check on his property.

He and his wife say they were honored to have a good reason to go back as they found their house under 9 feet of water. It was a lot easier to take knowing they had helped out the Bradford's.....the family are okay from the report and now have water etc. The 9 horses are all reported to be alive.
 
K

kaykay

Guest
im so excited but we still need a trailer!!! please someone has to have one near there?? I AM SO THANKFUL THEY NOW HAVE FEED!!!

Kay
 

wishful

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
321
Reaction score
0
Location
Verbena Alabama
Kay,

I have a trailer and acces to a truck, I have a funeral Sunday and My sister will be out of town for the day with the truck on Monday, If they have enough feed it will probably be a safer trip tuesday, more accessible roads, if not we can make arrangements sooner, I am here if you need me. I am 293 miles from Biloxi.
 
K

kaykay

Guest
i think they have it all worked out to take them out tomarrow.
 

Mona

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2003
Messages
11,922
Reaction score
346
Location
Morson, Ontario, Canada
Awwww, what WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL news!!!

CONGRATULATIONS for a JOB WELL DONE to everyone involved in making this happen!!


You're all
in my books!!!
 

minimini

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
YAY!!

but, if anyone has that trailer tonight....still let me know....cnn is suddenly ready to broadcast live....

~ Alison
 

Debby - LB

Admin / Mod
Joined
Aug 18, 2003
Messages
2,337
Reaction score
781
Location
Georgia
I hope they and others can be brought out safely. I am so glad that newsteam allowed their plea for help!!
 

capall beag

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 20, 2005
Messages
2,137
Reaction score
0
Location
York Beach, Maine originally from Ireland!
What wonderful news!

The team of you that have made this happen are brilliant!!

All the rotten things people do to animals, it is so good to remember that so many are so willing to help our four legged friends!!

Hats off to you all!!!!!!!

 

Baptism

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2002
Messages
80
Reaction score
5
Location
NE Minnesota by Beautiful Lake Superior
I don't believe all nine minis made it as someone posted here. On the CNN report I thought they said at least two were dead. I could see a sorrel and white pinto mini in the background that had obviously been dead awhile. It is neither here nor there as far as rescue goes and the need for help. It just brings home the seriousness of the situation and the added suffering these people have to bear. It isn't just about mini horses as all of us here know. It really is the rescue of a family.
 

Tabitha

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2004
Messages
80
Reaction score
0
Location
Manitoba
3 were killed in the storm, and when CNN first aired the story there were 9 surviving horses. Alison posted that the report she had was that those 9 were still alive when the neighbor took the hay in. The AMHA director (forget the name) that posted on another thread here this morning referred to 7 remaining horses, but Alison--who is the one that seems to have the most contact with the most people--hasn't said anything about any more being dead.
 

Hosscrazy

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2003
Messages
3,675
Reaction score
27
You guys really are incredible!!!


I'm in California, but at least I was able to help by donating thru Pay Pal.
 

Denise

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2002
Messages
973
Reaction score
0
Have these horses been removed yet? Havent seen a post as to their being actually removed or did I miss that post?
 

Latest posts

Top