neck strap with bells....mini sized?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrullaBlue

Reaction score
Anyone have any good, affordable leads on where to order one? I'm looking for "sleigh bells," but on a neck strap, not a belly strap. I've been looking, but haven't found anything yet. Not sure if there's a name for this....maybe I'm not looking for the right thing!

Thanks!

Angie

I don't have any leads, but just a word of caution. If you are doing to drive with bells, be sure to practice with them first instead of just driving off, or you may have an exciting drive!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I had borrowed a harness set yrs back that was all decked out with jingle bells and it was sooo cool. The person had it made by the amish/meninight that owns a leather shop. I thought it was so neat to go down the road with about a dozen bells jingeling and it defently put me in the winter mood PLUS had folks stop and comment how awesome it looked and sounded.

Check out a leather/harness repair shop or ask the amish...

Thanks.

That's primarily why I'd rather have the neck bells....without a harness, they can be on at anytime without moving around or sliding down their back...we could be doing pretty much anything while having the neck bells on...even a grooming session.........and they'd not be in the way too much. Of course, head down, off they go...but I'd always be right there. Just hoping I can find something!

Angie

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks...the link didn't work...but I'm not really looking for a collar, I've seen these a lot for big horses....I'd just like a smaller, shorter version. I'd like it more to lay near his withers and closer to his chest, kinda like a collar would for a harness.... a leather strap would be nice, but perhaps if I don't find anything, I could just make something. I'm sure I could have something custom made...but might be pretty expensive!

I have a beautiful set of belly strap sleighbells....we used to have a team of belgian draft geldings and I just couldn't give the bells up. Don't know that I'll ever have a draft again (I wouldn't mind one!) but I do jingle these from time to time...and sure miss the sound!

Latest posts

Back