National Show Ponies

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Performancemini

Reaction score
I was reading the other NSP topic and didn't get an answer yet; so I decided to start a specific topic for my question. (I know, I need to read my rule book
default_no.gif
.) Anyway, are there riding classes available for adults in the NSP division. After all, ponies around 11.2 to 14.2 could easily carry smaller adults like me (5' and 108 lbs.). I am hoping it is not just Western, or Western/Hunt seat either; as I have begun riding Saddleseat and would love to show that way. Thanks!

According to the rule book there are only 3 divisions so far--Western, Hunter and Carriage. It does not list specific classes.

I am curious how many NSP actually show at the National level?

Hi Jody,

The only time there was a NSP was when Congress was in St. Louis that year. Arlyn Storey's granddaughter and trainer rode in the Hunter Hack class. This division may have some nice ponies but non have competed since at the Congress.

Karen

Last edited by a moderator:
To add to my own question a reply: perhaps the problem with this (and other) (sorry) 'outcross' registries is as my husband says: 'what's wrong with the original breeds?'. He can see the ASPR, the ASPC/AMHR, etc. because they are more for showing a variation for size. He never could see a really good reason to have registries for crosses (Morab, Welera, etc.) since the originals are fine breeds. He says they are just diluting each of the breeds. I suppose this can open a can of worms!
default_wacko.png
default_unsure.png
default_no.gif
default_new_shocked.gif

Karen was that the year all those nasty remarks were made? If so I can see why others would be hesitant to do so again
default_no.gif

Latest posts

Back