Naming your farm

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horse Feathers

Reaction score
Would you use your last name as a farm name (hard to pronounce unless to know how to say it), or a cute name that someone may already be using?

I'd probably go with the easier to say name myself, unless it was something very well known, like say...I wouldn't call a farm Claiborne or Varian or something like that.
default_biggrin.png

I'd use the name that felt right in my heart. I never had any doubts about our farm name, it just speaks to my heart. If you're undecided, maybe think on it some more until something feels exactly right. Also, you can check w/ the registries to see if anyone is using a particular name as their prefix (ie farm name).

We chose short and simple but encompassed our entire family. AKS is our prefix and farm name. A is the first letter in my late husband's name, K is my name and S is my daughters name (she does all of the fitting and showing) When we have horses to register, we can use most anything since using our prefix only uses 4 total spaces. Its just us, all together.

Latest posts

Back