Name (1).....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allure Ranch

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]1) Name (1) horse that you have regretted selling and why....[/SIZE]

2) Next name (1) horse that you wished that you would have purchased and why....

[SIZE=12pt]3) Then name (1) horse that your thankful that you own and why....[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Answer:[/SIZE]

1) "RFM Boogermans Ultimate Warrior"

Although, "Warrior" has a lovely new home in Australia with Renee Clover of Anyssa Park and I know that he is well cared for I wish that we would of had a few more foals from him prior to his departure last December. He produced (5) phenomenal daughters for us that I'll never be able to replicate and he's a remarkable stallion that I miss daily. That's my regret.... even though I'm truly happy for Renee and I can't wait to see her PHENOMENAL foals that he produces for her.

warrior.jpg

Answer:

2) "FWF Little Wardance"

Several years ago when we purchased "Warrior" off the LB sales page from Patty Wilhoite of Willow Creek Farm she also had "Wardance" listed for consideration as well. However, at that time we hadn't planned on acquiring two stallions. So we passed on the deal....

STUPID MISTAKE....

If any of you have seen his 2009 foal production you'll know why I'm kicking myself. Ha!

FWF-Little-Wardance-19-40-sm.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Answer:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]3) "Marystown Cowboy Wild Spirit"[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]My husband was actually the one that selected "Spirit" from Pete Goettel of Marystown Miniatures. THANK GOODNESS my husband made the decision to acquire him. I just love him. He has the a fantastic personality and he's an outstanding stallion that has consistently reproduced himself for us. [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

spirit2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I will play
default_smile.png

1) I regret selling my Jewel, I just loved this filly and she has the best home in the world with Diane of Bighorne Miniatures but she was like my horse soul mate. What a doll.

Jewel.jpg

2)Im really kicking myself for not buying Doors full sister, I saw pictures of her as yearling and wow. Dont have any pictures to show as I dont own her, but I wish I did. Shes as pretty as Doors with chrome. dumb dumb dumb picture of Doors shown (ok you know I always have to put pics of him up LOL)

doorscentrals08.jpg

3) Im so happy I have HB Fyre Lyte, she is the dam of Firewaters Calisto of Olympus and H&HS Arielle of Olympus both world champions, and she is confirmed in foal for 2010. I cant wait. She is a beauty and I throughly enjoy just looking at her out in the pasture.

lyte1.jpg

1) I regret selling Rocky because of the home I sold him too.

2) I regret not buying a 29" stud I can't remember his name. But he was a very well bred little guy that sold for almost nothing.

3) I am so glad I have my Missy (barn name) she will do almost anything and she is a real love. I have better bred horses but, you can not beat her for her heart.

1) So far I have not regretted selling anyone. They have wonderful homes.

2) I wished I could have bought Mighty Boomerrang or Boomer for short. He's my Tulip's sister and they would make a perfect pair for driving.

3) Tulip, she's a pony, an American Show Pony, but I would never have taken the huge steps in showing that I have taken without her. She's really made me stretch.

1) Name (1) horse that you have regretted selling and why....

CMC's Southern Belle aka Savannah, our first bred/raised foal.. Just loved her as a baby, sold her as a weanling and regretted it, but kept in contact with her new owners so was always getting updates on her, would go by their house on our way into town so could stop by and see her when I wanted.. Just this past few months her owners decided to sell out of the horses due to family issues and I ended up taking her back
default_wub.png

CIMG0912.jpg

Savannah5.gif

2) Next name (1) horse that you wished that you would have purchased and why....

Gosh there's been so many but a few off the top of my head would be:

Drays Oak Parks Destinys Chance , beautiful buckskin filly that Tami owns
default_wub.png
:wub

KLAVOHNS CHAMPAGNE LADY, gorgeous perlino pinto mare that was owned by Redstone Farms, believe she's with a forum member now

3) Then name (1) horse that your thankful that you own and why....

Oak Parks Oh Im Awesome, my dream stallion.. I LOVE Tami's program and have drooled over her horses for years, fell in love with this guy when I saw his photos and drooled every time Chesa would post him on the forum.. Little did I know that he'd become mine when I started my search for a new herdsire.. Everything just seemed to fall right into place after Chesa emailed me that he was for sale, and I'm soooooo happy that I was able to bring him home to Ohio.. Super excited to see his first foals for us in the spring, the foals Chesa ended up with this year are outstanding!

DSC_0278.jpg

DSC_0287.jpg

Kimberle, just wanted to say great topic I enjoy reading these I hope more people reply!

Regrets: selling our first one: Mini Ridge Red Man. He was one of those that did anything. He'd be awesome to have around for newbies to play with. Sold him because I was showing Sunny more.

Wishes: Found the perfect match to my gelding in Oct, didn't buy him as I didn't have enough $$ right at that moment. She sold him the next day...

Thanks: JEM Canadian Sunrise. My do all go-to guy. He was my first horse: to really do well showing, to get my picture in the arena, first Reserve Grand National Champ (WCP), first Hall of Fame (halter) winner. He also does parades, goes in PetsMart, keeps the babies in line, teaches the spazzies people are OK, lets me hug and love on him, dresses up for Halloween, hangs around and gives me hugs when I'm feeling low, teaches others to drive, lets first timers get a taste for driving (which becomes an addiction)- just an all around wonderful guy.

Lucy

Regret selling: None. However, I have greatly missed Sunny (Tibbs Sundowner HOF -- 3x National Champion / 6x Reserve National Champion / Halter Hall of Fame) since he's been back visiting with Erica's family. He's coming back home here in the spring. Sunny is one in a billion and H and I both look forward to seeing him again:

sunny1.jpg
Sunny%202007%20VMHC%20smaller.jpg

Wish I had bought: None. I can't think of any horse I passed on that I now wish I had bought.

One That I'm Happy I Bought: If I bought them and still own them, then I'm happy I bought them
default_biggrin.png
To name just one, I am probably the most tickled with Destiny (Ericas Echos Of My Destiny HOF -- National Champion / Res. National Grand Champion / Halter Hall of Fame). Destiny has been such a dream come true and he was the first horse for me from Erica. So he was the first of many amazing horses coming my way from Erica:

Destiny%20Pictures%20By%20Shannon%20--%20June%202007%20--%20002.jpg
Destiny%205.jpg

# 1

I regret selling SPH Knockouts' Canadian Design, a 2006 son of my late stallion, Coyote Winds Knockout. Had I known I would lose Cody, my stallion I would have never sold his son.

# 2

A horse I regret not buying is a half sister to our mare, Cherokee Stables Ohso Dandy. It was buy the mare or a stallion I had my eyes on. I could only afford one so got the stallion. Been kicking myself ever since as the mare was well bred and I love her half-sister, Dandy.

# 3

A horse I am happy to own is Cherokee Stables Ohso Dandy, not only is this mare beautiful but has such a loving temperment. She is our son Noahs' future riding horse. Actually he has ridden her already with mommy holding him of course. Dandy will never be sold.

no one they all found Super Homes

There was this Stunning Yearling Filly I wanted but Didn't Her name was H & Hs Isis Of Olympus I drooled over her but was out of my Price Range, She was So Stunning!

I am Very Thankful for all of my Horses but that one Must go to my 9yo Mare Sapphire (Lazy Bear Lady Sapphire)
default_wub.png

The one I regret sellings....none really--we haven't sold all that many & the few we did have gone to good homes.

The one I wish I'd bought...none of those either, though there is one that was a near miss & I would have regretted it if we didn't get her & saw photos of her posted somewhere: Our coming 2 year old filly Platte's Unavoidable. We had bought her, then at the last minute exchanged her for a different filly. Someone else was interested in her a short time after that, but then before the other filly was delivered we were asked if we were sure we didn't want Ava too....we thought about a minute & said okay, we'll have Ava too. I liked her then & knew she'd be nice, but now just a few months later she has far exceeded our expectations. She is GORGEOUS. I would have been so mad at myself if we hadn't taken her & then someone else got her & posted photos of her & I saw just how great she turned out.

The one I'm happy to have (obviously one besides Ava!) is our coming 3 year old palomino stallion

JEM A Touch of Class. We got him as a weanling & he is just such a nice horse--nice conformation, nice movement, nice disposition--one of our favorite Minis. Actually, "nice" doesn't really do him justice!

Crayonbox My Kind Of Rain, a dark bay filly homebred out of my favorite mare, sold her at 2 years old because I decided her conformation didn't match my goals at the time. Now my focus has changed a bit and she would fit perfectly, she was just like her dam, easy going put up with anything, and I had trained her to do a few tricks, etc. Loved her personality and big brown eyes! Hoping I will get her back someday!

Stormy_frnt_sm-318x229.jpg

Sweetwaters Texas Spotty, saw him on the Lil Beginnings Saleboard just after I had purchased and shipped a small snowcap stallion from Arizona and had no $$ to shell out. I think he is gorgeous! Castle Rock & Critter Creek own him now.

Little Chief's Spring Blossom, we have a special bond, she visits nursing homes, excellent with kids, has beautiful foals, and has big brown eyes that melt your heart!

She doesn't take good photos, but here is one that shows the look that gets me every time. It's called "Do you have cookies?" LOL!

Spring.hd.winter.04-277x429.jpg

When I got married, after high school, I had to sell my Standardbred and I really hated that.

I would have bought a mare at the same time I got my stallion about 5 yrs ago that I didn't really pass on. The owner wanted her to be shown and driven and I didn't have a clue how to drive so he wouldn't sell her to me. She turned out to be quite a handful to drive so maybe it was best. However, if I can sweet talk hubby this spring, I thin she' for sale again. She's a Boozer daughter and I love the way she moves.

Sorry, I can't name just one. I'm grateful everyday for the 3 that own. Each one is very special in their own way from the old gelding who taught me to drive, to my stallion that everyone thinks is so good looking and yet is such a love, to my filly who is my pride and joy because I've had her from 5 months old and trained her myself and she can do nearly everything she tries and is good at it.
default_biggrin.png

Wow is this ever an interesting thread!

I have never sold a horse so I cant answer that one.

I have regretted several horses
default_new_shocked.gif
I know I can only answer one but two come to mind big time... The first one was a mare named Kaycee that I found when I first started looking. She wasnt pinto and didnt have blue eyes (Im generally looking for blue eyes - yes as long as conformation is good). I went to the farm to look at a blue eyed mare and fell for Kaycee instead... She was a FABULOUS color and had wonderful type. Her forelock went on forever... She was bred to a stud that I didnt care for too much and so I waited... That was 4 years ago and I still beat my head when I pass her town (she was sold). There are MORE (2 actually) but I chose that one as it was the first horse I regretted. The other mare went to Germany DOH! I have pictures of Kaycee and Prissy but didnt ask to use them so Ill post Prism. The last has not sold yet but I will cry when he does....

Here is a picture of Prism (Im very lucky to have her!!). She is absolutely gorgeous and so is her mom.
default_wub.png

DSC00960.jpg

Oh I love all of my horses so much! I would have to say that the one that I am most amazed I was ever able to get my hands on was Keegan. I fell in love with Alfalfas little Pleasure when I first saw his picture. I kept saying that ONE DAY I wanted to have someone that was closely related to that horse. Not too much later, I got Keegan (grandson). Im still not over the shock of getting him and I got him back in 2007. That horse has so much personality and his markings are incredible! Aside from everything about this horse, I get a huge kick out of his eyes and ears. He has major hooks on his ears and his eye liner is oh so cool.

Keegan

DSC01553.jpg

Look at those eyes!!

DSC02069.jpg

default_wub.png

1 - I most regret selling a little gelding named Iles Little Diamond in the Rough - AKA Ruffian. He was my do it all horse, that anybody could drive. I just wasn't showing him enough. He would have been perfect for my grandson now.

2. My biggest regret was not buying a filly named RHA Ranger's Pink Champagne when she was a 2YO. She was gorgeous, but I dithered and she was sold. HOWEVER -- fast forward 3 years, and she came up for sale again and I jumped immediately! She's now in my barn, having come with a surprise perlino colt by JSW Buckeroo Ace.

3. Happy I bought? Obviously Thumper - ERL Zeus Lightning Bolt. 2009 AMHA World Grand Champion Senior Stallion and AMHR Top Ten (4th). nuff said!

Great thread Kim! I'm really enjoying reading the reponses.

Wish wish I hadn't sold... Star Ridge Acres Lily Blue Too. She went to a wonderful home (Sheryl/Irish Hills Farm) so that's not the problem. I sold her for one reason only...and now that reason doesn't exist. She's out of my Blue Boy daugher who is no longer producing, so there will never be another Lily. She had a full sister who sadly passed from colic at the age of two. She's named after that sister who was KHA Buckeroos Lily Blue. Lily is now a 3yo and is in foal to Sheryl's Bandito for what is bound to be an outstanding foal. If only....

Wish I'd bought... Can't remember her name off the top of my head, but Tami at Oak Park had a perlino filly for sale that I REALLY wanted. I was trying to call her and couldn't get through only to find out she was on the phone with someone who snatched her up! Dang!

Glad I purchased... Easy. Spirit. By far one of my smartest purchases. I have several of his foals coming in 2010 and I am SO looking forward to each of them! (Note: a very, very close second would have to be Raven - now a 2x world champion, 2x reserve world champion, 1x national champion)

Ten Ls Spirits Afterglow, Perlino stallion, homozygous for Agouti and black, gorgeous head, beautiful movement, my dream stallion.
default_wub.png

spirithalterwebpjbfinalweb.jpg

Thanks for letting me share.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back