Mystic Tan

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tab

Reaction score
Do you like the results? Does it turn you orange? Pros? Cons? Thanks!

If you don't have a base tan, you will get a really odd orange-y color. If you are dark complected or have a base tan, then they work great for about 3 days. It's good for special occasions, but not for maintaining color.

Thank you very much for responding! I will be in a wedding in a few weeks and I am pale. I don't want to stick out. Orange would be worse than pale.
default_no.gif
I may try it out this weekend. Does it rub off on fabric? The dress is fuchsia so it probably wouldn't be too noticeable if it transfers to the fabric. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
It does rub off, to a degree. I wouldn't worry too much about it if the dress is fuchsia though. lol I noticed it more around my ankles (sexy sock lines...whoo-hoo!) and rear end. lol

You rock! Thank you!

I'm very pale (even though I live in FL
new_shocked.gif
) and i use Jergens Natural Glow Foaming Daily Moisturizer for Fair Skin. The one in the aerosol can.

It takes about 3 applications to see a light base tan. It works very well for me and doesn't turn me orange and doesnt rub off on your clothes if you let it dry after the application.
yes.gif

Jergens Natural Glow Foaming Daily For Fair/Medium Skin Tones Moisturizer, 5 fl oz

My girls both do the Mystic tan from time to time...I think you just have to be really careful with it for the first few hours - no shower, no getting it wet at all, and yes it does rub off on things until it is set. Don't get caught in the rain.
default_smile.png
As Mominis said, good for special occasions.

Jan

Thank you for your replies! Out of curiosity I did try the jergens foaming for medium to tan skin and I'm pretty pleased with it! I haven't tried the mystic tan yet. I think I may stick with the foam. I used to get the jergens natural glow lotion but I did not see the results that this has given.
default_thumbup.gif
Thanks all! Definitely worth it for special occasions.

The Jergens info says it takes several days for color to start showing up? Do you find this to be so? Ha, I live in AZ, but am fair skinned and just dont tan, so I need help too.

Hi Laurie! Not at all. At least not for the medium to dark shade that I got. It started appearing within minutes and I was easily a few shades darker by morning.
default_aktion033.gif

I used it once dry after a shower. I wasn't supposed to but I also used another application before bed
default_unsure.png
I was careful not to apply it to thickened or dry skin (elbows, ankles, etc.) It is still possible to get streaks, but the occurrence is much more subtle than other products I've used. I had to wash my hands thoroughly after use to prevent orange palms.

Most girls here do the spray on tan...it's where a person actually spray tans you compared with the booth spray. From what I've learned the booth spray is awful and the spray on by person is fabulous and NOT orange! Remember tanning beds are horrible for you and unless you want to look like a leather bag (not to mention the skin cancer problem) then you shouldn't use them!!!! A lot of areas in Canada are banning the use of tanning beds because they're so harmful to the body.

I agree with you Tigress. My mom had basal cell carcinoma a few years back just from working out and tanning in the sun. I have never used tanning beds and will never use tanning beds. Nor will I be in the sun unprotected for more than 20 mins any longer.

I know a lady who has vitiligo (sp) so she has stayed out of the sun due to the chance of burning severely. Just from avoiding the sun she looks the same now as she did when I was 8-years-old. A little sun is WONDERFUL for you. We need out cancer-fighting D! Too much (sun or tanning beds) is dangerous.

Thanks for sharing. I agree. If I could let go of my inhibitions I may try the airbrush tan, but otherwise I'd rather be a little fake tanned by jergens (etc.) than get skin cancer!

Back