My worse nightmare came true.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nichcole

Reaction score
Well for you guys that do not know I live in Central Oregon and we have not had any rain for like a month or more. Everything is super dry ect... I live on a big ranch that was sub divided into small acreage lots, there is only one way out (if you don't count the BLM roads).

Anyway some idiot decided he was going to try to burn his brush before the burn band went on today and it got out of control and started a wild fire. Its started at 2:30 yesterday and is already 677 acres. Lucky they ahve got the fire to go on to the BLM and away from most of the homes.

The fire line came right up to my brother inlaws property line then they got it stoped, we had to evacuate his 3 horses and dog, also had to evacuate the neigbhors 6 horses.

When I took the last load of horses out I was driving down the gravel road with fire on boths sides. It was so hot I could feel it throught the windows of my truck
default_sad.png
Luckly the firefighters were able to get it moved away from us so we are not in andanger at this time....

I am so glad no one was hurt...and it makes me MAD to think that someone would be so stupid as to burn trash when its so dry...ban or not..it take just a little common sense....
default_frusty.gif
:

Oh Lord, Nichcole........I am so sorry you had to deal with all that! I heard about the fire on the barn radio yesterday and didn't realize you lived so close to it!

With things so dry everywhere, I am afraid this is going to be a bad scarey Fire Season.

All the best to you and your's!

MA

I'm so glad you are all safe for now! Some people don't seem to have any common sense or to take a second and think about what affect their actions could have on others. I hope he has to pay for all the firefighters!

I'm so glad you are all safe for now! Some people don't seem to have any common sense or to take a second and think about what affect their actions could have on others. I hope he has to pay for all the firefighters!

I hope he gets in trouble too!!! We were told it cost 20,000 per flame retarden dropped and we had 4 to make sure it did not spread anymore then it did..

I just went and checked on my brothers emu's and it looked horrible. It felt like I was in heck
default_sad.png

There is nothing scarier then Wildfire..Especially when it is so very close.. I am so glad all is ok now

I am so glad you are ok. How is everyone else on the street?

:new_shocked: o no.

i am glad you all are okay. i hope everyone else is okay as well.

That's terrifying, hope they get it under control. We were in your situation last summer with the drought we had here - some idiot drove down the road pulling a flatbed with a smoker in it, spewing live hot coals down the road!!! He drove away leaving a grass fire burning right across the drive from us - neighbor had to evacuate some of her horses but fortunately the wind was in our favor and they were able to direct the fire up to a stock pond and get it out. Some people should not be allowed out in public!
default_torch.gif
:

Jan

Everyone is okay , the SPCA helped evacuate, we have 18 horses and 2 goats beside our own horses right now. My brother in law and his neighbor were both out of town , so we hooked up to thier trailers and brought all the animals to our house. They were both very lucky the fire stopped and shifted at thier property lines.

I have heard the fire is 90 % contained but it is already 86 degrees and it is only 10:55 in the morning:(.. They have told us they hope for 100% containment by 6:00PM this evening. The smoke has cleared out b/c we have a light breeze.

OMG how awful, my prayers are with you all. So dry and dangerous, do be careful.

Eeek I"m glad you're ok, I know exactly how you feel... This was the view from my house...

9a802f3b.jpg

It was so scary... And another time my best friend called me late at night b/c fire near her, and she thought they'd have to evacuate. She only had one horse at her place at the time (Cruiser, who is now mine) since her other horse was at a trainer's to try to sell him... she was so worried about what to do with Cruiser, she said the roads in were closed so I wouldn't be able to get him (and I live an hour away). She didnt' have a trailer, but did have a truck, so we were coming up with ways to get him in the back and keep him there... thank God they got the fire under control by her and she didn't have to leave...

Fires very much frighten me!!

Jessi

Latest posts

Back