My turn! Color question lol

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky-C-Acres-Minis

Reaction score
What would you consider this filly to have?

CIMG1620.JPG

100_0152.jpg

Sire, homozygous tobiano, no facial markings, no blue eyes:

MVC_008S1.jpg

Dam, solid buckskin mare, no white markings:

CIMG1601.JPG

Tobiano , Sabino and, in spite of the lack of blue eyes, I would also say Splash.

I think the stallion has Splash as well.

OOo, I know this one! :saludando: *waving hand wildly*

That filly has an intense case of the CUTES! Darling darling baby!!

Sorry, pattern I have no idea but I KNOW she is a doll!
default_wub.png
:

Buckskin tobiano, i'm not good enough with patterns to see anything else. She does have a major case of the cutes, anyroad.
default_wub.png
:

Tobiano can overide Splash, sabino, and frame and prevent all of them in some instances from putting white on the face.

Your stallions lack of chest shield screams Splash. Splash loves to remove the chest shield on tobis and it is the only pattern that will do that. All those lacy edges on his spots are indicators that he is also sabino.

The filly hit the lottery and daddy's repressed facial white expression was not passed onto her and viola - a Splash + sabino face, a back spot that is shaped like Splash wants to shape it, lack of chest shield from Splash, and some lacy edged spots from sabino to boot.
default_smile.png

Sadly you didn't misunderstand... We bought the mare, Fantom in foal and were to pick her up April 3rd, she ended up foaling on April Fool's Day, and both were cleared to come home still on the third. A few days later the filly sprained her ankle in the stall, so we had the vet out, he gave mom and baby both tetanus shots and the mare a vitaminB (if I remember right), which was on Tuesday, anywho, I was down on campus, and on Thursday my mom called and said that Fantom had a huge lump on her hip and she didn't know what had caused it, no puncture wound etc. So I told her to call and have the vet back out as it was more than likely a reaction to the shot, so he can back out and ended up putting her on the same antibiotic he had put the filly on, and said to call back on Monday if it had not changed for the better. Mom said the sweeling went down that night, but when I called on my way home on Friday, she said it was worse. I got home to her whole hip swollen and warm.. So I put in another call to the vet clinic and they advised us to keep her on the antibiotic and to cold hose her, which worked, seemed to take the swelling down.. Saturday it was swollen clear into her hock and she wouldn't walk on that leg.. So furious/upset etc etc I called THREE other vets to get more opinions and NONE of them would come out, was told it was just a reaction and that the swelling was from her body fighting it and that we hadn't given the antibiotic time to work.. She spent the day in the back yard with her filly Saturday and all day Sunday, by then she was most comfortable laying down, the swelling had settled throughout her leg and vets said that it would either bust and drain itself or they may have to come out and lance it.. When I left Sunday to head back to school she was laying the yard eating grass with her filly running around.. Monday I called my mom like I normally due at 10 am, she didn't answer so I assumed she had her hands full with the kids she babysits and would call me back.. When she hadn't called me back before 12:30, I was getting worried and called again.. She answered but I could tell something was wrong, I said 'what happened?' and she barely got out the 'we lost her'. My sister and my mother went out Monday morning to feed before school and found her dead.. Because everything happened after the first vet visit I INSISTED they called the vet office and have a different vet come out and do an autopsy, which the vet clinic finally obliged to, free of charge... They found that she had contracted the clostridium bacteria and it had totally destroyed her liver.. They did supposively send in the tetanus vaccine to be tested (tetanus vaccine is clostridium tetni) but we never heard of the results and if it had been a bad batch the filly would have been sick as well.. So she left behind an 11 day old filly, thankfully she took the milk replacer and bucket (she refused to drink from a bottle) quickly.. She is stunted, but she's happy and healthy and our *new* vet believes she may hit a growth spurt.. Either way she's not going anywhere and is the mascot of the farm
default_wub.png
:

Latest posts

Back