My son is hurting

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fullmoon

Reaction score
My son is 27 years old and a very good man. He's been in police work, starting in the jail at the age of 18 and has worked his way up and is now an Investigator for the county we live in. He has been sent all over the country for classes and seminar's on what he does, which is mostly sex crimes but today his heart is absolutely breaking! He was called out to investigate a death last night on a 7 month old baby. She drowned while taking a bath with her mother. How could that be????? Well the mother was drunk and passed out. Dad was watching TV and talked to mom through the bathroom door, went back to watching TV. About 30 minutes later went to say something and no response, he had to break the door down and found his wife passed out and baby floating.

My son say's he will forever be haunted by seeing that little body laying out on the coroner's table! He has a 5 month old himself. All I can do is listen to him and hope he can get through this. Please say a prayer for all the policemen out there because most of them are our own son's that are really trying to make a difference and they really, really do work with the scum of the earth!

Sorry, I guess I just had to unload also.

That has to be absolutely horrifying to have to deal with something like this. :no: You are right all you can do is listen and support his feelings and let him get it all off his chest. It will probably haunt him the rest of his life. So everyone has to be strong for him to deal with it. We all know policemen put their lives on the line every day and do so appreciate them, but to deal with this is terrible. I hope they prosecute the mother to the fullest extent of the law and the father is also guilt. He had to know his wife was drunk.

Tell your son he has prayers coming from Wisconsin to help him through this.
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:

Oh how very sad! Your son is a wonderful person.

[SIZE=14pt]how horrible...for everyone involved. i will be keeping your son and that family in my thoughts. Nikki[/SIZE]

So sorry for your son and the family involved. Just heard this on our local news. Didn't realize you lived so close, just a county over from us.

Everyone involved sure have our prayers.

Pam

I'm so sorry to hear about this. Bless your son for being out there and making a difference. It really takes a very special person to do a job like that!

I am so sorry for that experience, for everyone involved. A sad thing, indeed.

I listen to our local police/emergency scanner frequencies and wow...these guys go through so much, in just one day, even in a small area like ours.

Also, my brother in law was a police officer (killed in the line of duty 3-9-96 w/the Warrenton, OR PD (car accident)). He'd only been with them a short time as a trainee, but he gave me a little insight, as well. It is not a job for just anyone, but I am very very grateful for them, supportive of them, and I ALWAYS pull over to let them by as soon as I see/hear them (this is what caused my brother in law's accident, a lady didn't yield to the car as they were responding to an alarm). I am in awe of what they are able to do, so that the rest of us can be safe/safer.

Unfortunately, I think dealing with the death and injury/crimes against innocents such as children, is just so hard for anyone to handle, let alone having to witness it and be "impartial."

My heart goes out to him...I would urge him to find some form of counseling if he feels it would help.

Liz M.

Oh what a sad sad situation.

A lot of my family are police officers and some work for certain government agencies in that line.

Some of the things they have to see and face daily is unbelievable.

I remember my nephew having to walk up and down the sides of the road looking for a guys leg during motorcylcle weekend.

I have seen it change people. From loving caring people to almost like frozen zombies. I will say i would not last a week as a law enforcment person, I would end up beating the crap out of the smart mouth no good creeps who get by with everything today.

Hitting a 101 year old woman in the face to rob her and then after he has her money hitting her some more.

Oh man would i love to get my hands on that creep.

But back to your son. Please try to get him to talk about it and maybe getting some counseling as Nootka said.

Oh lord i can't imagine having to see and then deal with something like that. God bless him and all the other people who do that work.

Hugs

to you and him,

Bonnie

My father was a California Highway Patrolman when I was small. he saw things that haunt him to this day, 30 years later. When we relocated to Michigan he went into working at an oilfield rather then go back to being a prison guard or a cop. He has told me some things he saw and to this day some of them move him to tears. It is a hard and painful job but I am so very VERY grateful there are people who do it. It changed my father forever.

Please tell your son how grateful many of us are for the work he does.

Sometimes just having an ear to listen and a shoulder to cry on helps.

Several years ago the husband of a lady i worked with was called to a crash as an EMT. 9 teenagers were killed when the car they were driving (at well over 100 mph) went out of control and hit a woman and her two kids head on. The woman and her children died as well. There was one survivor out of the wreck, the only teenager in the overpacked car who had been seatbelted in. It turned out that there was no sort of counseling or anything available for people who experienced these things, and the lady i worked with started a campaign to make it mandatory for police, rescue workers and firefighters to have councilors available in our area. Once they got that made available it was a huge help and comfort to those who live with death and horror and fear every day. If this is available for your son, you might want to encourage him to make use of it.

I'm so sorry he is having to deal with this but I'm so glad people like him are willing to do this. I know I couldn't.

So sorry for your son and the family involved. Just heard this on our local news. Didn't realize you lived so close, just a county over from us.

Everyone involved sure have our prayers.

Pam
[SIZE=12pt]This is Robin, right? I miss you guys!! [/SIZE]

It is incredibly heartbreaking. I so feel for your son and all involved.

I just don't understand people who can't see that children are a precious gift... Zac is almost exactly the same age. He is in my lap right now, nursing himself to sleep, loved, cherished and protected....

Hey Laura,

Yeah it's me, Robin. I haven't gotten to meet Zac yet but bet he's a cutie! I too can't believe what happens to all these little kids! I heard a quote one time "Human's are the only species that consistently hurt their young". Pretty bad huh?

Son's doing pretty good, he and his wife are going away for the weekend. Thanks for all the encouragement!

Latest posts

Back