My sister's wedding

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NyborFarm

Reaction score
Some of you may remember that over Memorial Day weekend my sister's husband got into a car wreck at the local race track. Just a few weeks before they were suposed to be married on June 16. He came out of the wreck with a broken left knee and a broken right ankle. He was confined to a wheel chair and had been slowly starting to work himself to crutches and a cane (with doctors permission of course!) Well he is now able to walk with no help and no casts or braces. He is really comming along with it. So they did get married on June 16, it was a very small private ceremony with parents and siblings and the Justice of the Peace. It was done on his parents front porch. They had decided to postpone having a large ceremony until August 10 (yes a Friday night). Well, now Im recovering from all the excitement and expenses of being the sister of the bride
default_rolleyes.gif
: On Thursday all of us girls went out for massages and had our nails done, it was a really nice all day girls day out. Friday morning all of us girls went and had our hair done, while my sister and the maid of honor were getting our hair done the 3 of us went out and got lunch for all of us. We then piled into our suburban to head to the cremeony site. We held it at Franklin Pierce University in Rindge NH. They only allow alumni and faculty to get married there, so it was really special. The day had started off rainy and stormy and we were nervous about having to hold it inside (easily available) but it cleared up and we were able to have it outside. It was a nice quick ceremony which I was greatful of because my shoes didnt fit (Even after being stretched a few times). After pictures we headed to the Jaffery VFW hall for the reception. It was really nice, the food was amazingly good and the dj was good too. The photographer and his wife had gone to school with my sister, and I knew him as a teacher. It was such a fun night. I danced with the best man several times (I didnt bring a date and neither did he
default_wink.png
: ) What I find the funniest part of the night was the fact that I caught the boquet! Yep I did! It landed right there at my feet and I caught it. The guy who caught the garter is a good friend of my sister and her husband. I was giggleing my butt off because we didnt really know each other and his face was bright red! :bgrin (he's in his 30's and Im not even 20 yet) Its too bad mum didnt catch a picture of that. He was trying to be as polite as possiable while putting it on, a real gentleman. So it was an awsome wedding with a lot of fun and friends. Here are some pictures from the evening. Professional pictures should be here in about 2 weeks, maybe sooner.

Enjoy!

~Megan

The Bride (my sister) Robyn

Robyn.jpg

The Groom Andy

Andy.jpg

Father and Daughter

fatherdaughter.jpg

The happy couple

atthealter.jpg

Sister of the Bride (ME! Megan)

sisterofthebride.jpg

The Bridesmaids (Megan (me), Nickki, Rachel (matron of honor), and Allie (maid of honor))

bridesmaids.jpg

Bridesmaids with the Bride

allofu.jpg

Groomsmen and Bride (CJ, Mike, Robyn, Russ (best man), and Erick)

groomsman.jpg

Sisters
default_wub.png
:

sisters.jpg

First Dance

firstdance.jpg

Dancing Sisters

sistersdancing.jpg

Me Catching the Toss!

catchingthetoss.jpg

The lucky guy who caught the garter
default_wink.png
: Jonah

jonah.jpg

~Megan

Thank you! Everyone had a blast! Even our 94 year old greatgrandmother was there having a great time!

~Megan

Meg, Looks like all of you had a great time. Sorry I couldn't attend but we had dinner guest from the UK and went out again on Sat night with them for our 39th wedding anniversary. Can't wait to see all the pictures. Robyn and dad look great but where it the picture of mom.

Beautiful pictures!!!!
default_yes.gif
:

I was my sister's maid of honor when she was married. I stood up there and cried the whole time
default_unsure.png
: Her name is Robin, like your sister's, only spelled different
default_wub.png
:

How could I forget the mother of the bride?! :eek: It was easier then I thought. Here's the best picture of our mother and Mike; a groomsman and best friend of the family, kind of like another brother (I have many of those kind of siblings :bgrin )

Mommy and Mike

motherofthebride.jpg

~Megan

Back