My silly boy got out yesterday

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBennettp

Reaction score
I don't live at the farm where the horses are yet. Yesterday I got off work and went out to the farm to feed. I drove in the driveway and here comes Little Man acting like "Hi mom, I've been waiting for you, is it time to eat?" He met me at the car when I pulled in the driveway.

He had evidently been out for quite a while, there were tracks everywhere but he had not left the farm. He had been all over the yard, in a pasture that wasn't fenced, over to check on the girls several times, and had been next door to my brother's house to see if the kids were there and to eat some apples off of their tree. He had been near the road but not in it, he was really busy mowing and weedeating though.

When I found where he had gotten out, there had been some big horses there and judging from the tracks, they had torn the fence down and he had followed them but didn't go into the road.

I think this is the same horses that were out last week and tore my fence up then too. I was not able to find out who they belonged to and couldn't catch them but there was a huge gelding (17 hands at least) and a very pretty mare. I tried for over an hour to catch them last week and called all of the neighbors that I knew had horses. Nobody knew who they belonged to.

I drove the road for 1/2 mile but didn't see the two horses anywhere. If I can find out who owns them, they will be paying for some fence.

Anyway, scared me because my boy was out and he is so much littler than the gelding who was fighting him over the fence.

But, at least my boy didn't go anywhere where he could get into trouble and the big horses stayed away from the yearlings.

Mary

Oh Mary, thank God Little Man didn't go out in the road or get hurt by the big horse! Yikes! Have you called the police to make a report? I mean, if these horses are loose, they are a danger to those driving (and they need to go home to be cared for) I hope they find their way home and stop coming and wrecking your fence that you worked so hard to put up! When I think what could have happened to Little Man.............

What a good boy he is to stay home!
default_yes.gif
:

Oh my gosh! So glad he stayed safe! Hope you figure out who those horses belong to before they or your horse get injured.

Thats definatly Scary hope you find the owners of the other 2.

What a smart horse that he stayed home - and is ok -

Hope you figure out how to resolve the problem. Sounds like an interesting one!

Good Luck

JJay

Latest posts

Back