my shepard ruff housed 4 week old colt !

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenna...no I didn't mean that the play is to blame for the biting of my friend. I only meant it as I should have seen it as a potential problem, because my dog who has a tiny bit of pit in him, would hold the puppy down by the throat, until it started whining. Thinking that it was just play, I left it alone and never thought about it. But after he bit my friend, I realized that just maybe I needed to pay closer attention to how he acted towards animals as well as humans. I know that it was just a bite, but my friend jumped ontop of the above-swimming pool after he bit her, and screamed until we came out. Had the pool not been there, or one of us to call him off, it might have been a whole nother story. My friend actually insisted that I have the dog put to sleep. I refused, as I am sure that she must have touched him wrong or there was an unforeseen reason that he bit her. However, I will not put the situation out there again, as I am very lucky I wasn't sued or that the authorities weren't brought into the situation (in my town, if a dog attacks a person or another animal who needs medical attention, the vet has to notify the Humane Society). Needless to say, we are no longer friends because I sided with the dog instead of her.

I have also been nipped by this dog, and now that he is aging, he gets moody and growls. I will not even allow my husband to scold him, as if someone else gets bit, I'd rather have it me. I have been with him for many years, and I know how to read his actions. If he is upset, I know to back off. Thank you for pointing this out, as I didn't mean to say that doggie play leads to human attacks.
default_smile.png

I agree 100% with the bottom statement!

"I'd NEVER rehome her, and I do not fear her, because I know what sets her off, I can read her, and I know why she does it. No one else does so no one else can really understand."

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back