My poor critters are all mixed up

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horsefeather

Reaction score
Whenever folks come over, they are amazed at my critters. The funniest one (I think) is a rooster who has 'adopted' one of my sheep. This chicken doesn't like to get his feet wet or muddy, so when it's wet, He'll ride around on the sheep's back. He also sleeps right at the sheeps head. It's so cute! Now the sheep (I have 2) love my 24 yr. old quarter horse mare and she thinks a lot of them. If they get out of her sight, she'll call for them. We have a Canadian goose that we raised and he fell in love with this same mare. We finally had to cut his wings because whenever she would try and go somewhere, he would fly along at her head, but sometimes his wing would hit her and she wasn't fond of that. We did finally get him to stay with our other geese. I have 7 Sebastonpol geese (I ADORE them) and he has picked 2 of them to herd around. I have 1 white goose, don't know what kind, but he doesn't hang with the geese at all. He stays with the ducks. Whenever a hen hatches, he watches over the babies. He babysits them if she isn't around and herds them along behind her when she moves. It's really cute. Then I have a duck and rooster that are together all the time. I kinda rescued the duck when he was just a day old. I happened to have a hen setting, so I put him under her and she was thrilled. However, as time went by, she would fly up in a tree and he would wander around the bottom calling for her. It was kinda sad, but he stayed close to the barn and finally one of the roosters took pity on him and started staying with him and now they are real buds. I have a rooster that stays pretty much to himself, but has 'fallen in love' with a piece of wood!!
default_yes.gif
He's worn that piece of wood smooth.
default_rolleyes.gif

But everyone is loved here, no matter who or what they pick.

Ha! I really enjoyed your "story"! My mother and I are into the "critters" together and we've had almost a bit of everything off and on through the years and we are constantly saying how we always end up with "freaks", it's good to see we are not alone!

default_laugh.png
Loved the story. Everyone has got to have someone (or something) to love. Sounds like your critters are characters just like mine are.

Back