My own mare Slaney is getting very close

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bannerminis

Reaction score
My mare Slaney is at 347 days now but is creeping along each day and looking a lot closer. Udder is huge now and teats have separated but teats need to fill more and point down more.

Her milk has gone from Golden Syrup to Honey to a very pale honey tinted colour.

I tested her milk this morning and the top panel is closer to the 40% but the bottom is more like the 85% so I suppose she is between the two.

Here are a couple of pics

Yesterday

SlaneyandShimmerJune4th2011013.jpg

SlaneyandShimmerJune4th2011014.jpg

This morning (I had diluted the milk before taking the pic but the colour hasnt changed)

Slaneymilk347days.jpg

Slaneymilkresult347days.jpg

And of course Slaney herself (yesterday)

SlaneyShimmerJune4th2011010.jpg

From a couple of days ago (her legs have almost disappeared)

Slaney2-4.jpg

I bet she will pleased to get him/her out - she looks enormous !!! why dont you post your video cam details karina - the more eyes the better

Beautiful mare! Sending thoughts & prayers for an uneventful birth and healthy foal.

I am watching her flipping auntie at the moment and I am pretty sure she is not actually going to have a foal this year, she is just going to cook it another 11 months!

She has been ready for at lest a week- I have been ready for at least a month!!!!

Hey shes as big as TEase lol

Sending prayers for an easy foaling!

Lol - I have been ready for 2yrs. Which Auntie are you waiting one?

The one good thing about Slaney is once she gets to this stage she doesnt keep you waiting too much longer. I am going to guess Monday or Tuesday but now she will have read my post on her laptop and make a complete liar out of me
default_biggrin.png
default_rolleyes.gif

Beautiful mare
default_wub.png
and so very pregnant
default_new_shocked.gif
! sending easy foaling and healthy baby wishes your way. I don't think April ever got that big.

She looks as though she could go any time Karina, on the other hand she could decide to do a TEASE - heaven forbid!!

Seriously though, I wouldn't think that you have much longer to wait - sending sincere wishes for an easy foaling and a healthy foal.

Good luck!

Anna

Thanks Anna but I think she has been in cahoots with Tease all along as she has never gone this far over her dates before. The longest she had with me was about 10 days over she is 17 days over now.

The one good thing is she does foal very easily but where the problem can lie is the speed at which she foals and the foal is still in the sack.

I just caught her the first time and he had inhaled some fluid but was fine after a couple of days. I shudder to think what could have happened if I wasnt there. She went in ate her grub and then was eating hay - just got down and foaled 20 mins after I had checked her but thankfully decided to check the monitor again and there was the foal out. They are such sneaky little things.

LOL! Karina. A couple of years ago I was going down my foaling barn giving everyone their late night hay and checking on them. I fed the first mare and carried on down the barn giving hay from my bundle to the others. Walked back down the barn to gather more hay for the rest and the first mare was down and pushing!

Two nights later I was standing watching a mare that I knew would foal that night, she was peacefully eating her hay and had been for the previous 10 minutes or so. She suddenly took a huge mouthful of hay, laid down, started pushing and by the time I had crossed the barn to get to her, the foal was half way out. Delivered the foal safely and she sat up and finished her mouthful of hay while talking to her new baby!

We have cameras and the barn is right next to the house, but I could so easily have viewed those two quietly eating their hay and decided to make a cuppa (or have gone to the loo!) and missed them! It's no wonder so many folk actually miss these sneaky mares having their foals LOL!

Anna

Tease has set a very poor example LOL.

I cannot wait to see your foal

default_biggrin.png
What's up with Slaney? Has she foaled yet? If not, do you have her on camera for us to watch. Now that Tease has had her foal, I feel kind of weird going to bed without my laptop next to me.

CONGRATULATIONS Karina! I saw your post on the Tease thread. Cant wait for your official announcement today (plus pics of course!) once you have caught up with a few hours sleep.

Anna

Latest posts

Back