My NEW Mare ♥ itty bitty (but ROUND) palomino

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
We were really not in the market, as we have many mares we love and haven't used to their fullest potential yet. However, a very good friend of ours is cutting back on their horses due to life events and retirement. We ended up calling the first little show mare I ever knew our own... She is just as cute as she can be but ***omg*** we have her on a diet!!! She's getting a low starch pellet and restricted calories. Hopefully she will be a more shapely gal come this spring
default_wub.png

Here is a pretty, little 29" or so inch girly girl who is now one of our own. Her name is "Dancer" and she is a golden palomino who is pictured fluffly in more ways than one. We brought her home on the same day that we brought our amazing little SQUIRT home, so it has been a really busy time for us when it comes to horses here recently
default_yes.gif
For those of you who have known me since way back when, Dancer was a show mare out the same time as my first show mini, Derby, was out and about
default_biggrin.png
Over the years, Dancer has produced some foals I have really liked and I think she could cross very well with one of our stallions in particular
default_wub.png

Dancer--09262012-2.jpg

Dancer--09262012-7.jpg

Dancer--09262012-3.jpg

Dancer--09262012-6.jpg

Congrats! She's just darling, extra fluff and all. Love her little head.

She's very pretty I love golden palominos alot. Love her pretty little head. I hope to own a mini golden palomino one day LOL at this time I have two bay appys and a sorrle pinto and red roan pinto with blue eyes and a blue roan and red sabino.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Jill ! I can see why you had to own her, she is adorable !! Congratulations
default_wub.png

CONGRATS, Jill! She is beautiful and that head of hers is superb. She is definitely a cutie
default_smile.png

She is adorable! What a gorgeous little face
default_smile.png

Congrats Jill!

I love her! While a great horse is never a bad color, some colors really accent a horse's beauty, and palomino is one of them. She is a gem.

OH Jill, she's a real stunner, can't wait to see her clipped next year and less fluffy! she kinda looks like my Sky that I sold to Nona.

She is FREAKING ADORABLE!! I love her! If I were turned into a mini, I'd look a lot like her in the fluff dept! LOL

Congrats Jill, I can see why you wanted her so much, and I agree, she needs some flirty Squirt in her life!

I LOVE her!! She has a beautiful head with a big eye! She looks good, even 'fluffy.' :) Congrats!!

Thank, folks! She's got a neat personality, too. Feisty but polite, if that makes sense
default_smile.png

Here's a picture of her with a foal a few years ago that shows her color, but I have to say... she's not as golden as our mare Bliss or gelding Bacardi! I do love palominos and really all cream dilutes
default_yes.gif

Dancer%20%284%29.jpg

AND, while we may one day breed her to SQUIRT, my actually first thought (if we breed her) would be to breed her to DESTINY. I think they really compliment each other well
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back