My new filly!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClickMini

Reaction score
Thank goodness, it was a textbook foaling. Stepper is such an old pro! The vet has been out this morning to check them both out. She said Stepper has minimal bruising, and is good and healthy. The baby she gave a thumbs up to! I think she will be a liver chestnut. Not a stitch of white on her! Without further ado, here are the pics! The full album is here: http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a91/amylacy/Steppers%202011%20Foal/

harderthanitlooks.jpg

firststanding.jpg

sleepjammies.jpg

sleepytime.jpg

Now for the name! What is your vote:

Finch Meadow Firenza (the Italian word for the city of Florence, Italy. I just think it is a pretty word.)

Finch Meadow Shula (means flame)

Finch Meadow Step Brightly (mom is Silver Stepper, dad is Brightly Attired)

Finch Meadow Unique

She is a absolutely adorable, congrats!
aktion033.gif

As for the name I have got to go with either Finch Meadow Firenza or Finch Meadow Step Brightly

And may I just say... these pictures are precious.
wub.gif

stretch.jpg

earlylayingdown.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful filly! I like Shula or Step Brightly, but all of the names are lovely.

Oh my, look at her gorgeous little head
default_wub.png
Congratulations on such a pretty filly
default_aktion033.gif

All very pretty names, but I think Step Brightly is my personal favorite.

Aaaaahh what a little cutie -- and I am seeing a bay, might go bay roan like her mommy. That is the color that most of my bay's are born looking like
default_yes.gif

Ooh congrats!! Pretty color on a PRETTY filly!
default_wub.png

I like Finch Meadow Step Brightly best. It uses both parents' names nicely.

I'm still reserving judgement on bay vs. liver chestnut, I think we'll know more as she grows. I ADORE the name "Finch Meadow Step Brightly!"
default_wub.png
I think that is just the prettiest sounding Irish name, so feminine and hopeful. It was an honor to be there at her arrival and share that special time with you.

You're welcome for the pictures, by the way.
default_wink.png
(I think 3AM deserves a photo credit, don't you?
default_laugh.png
)

Leia

Dang, Leia, I am pretty rummy! Sorry about that. I even thought that as I was preparing the photos to post!

So...

THANK YOU, LEIA, FOR EVERYTHING!

default_aktion033.gif
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif

AW how pretty! I think she is going to be a beautiful mahogany bay, but color can change so fast with these little ones! Thank you for posting the pictures, whoever took them, Kudos!

She's such a beautiful, rich color
default_wub.png
I love the name Step Brightly, it seems to suit her very well!
default_yes.gif
CONGRATS!!

Congrats on your gorgeous girl. I have to say when I saw her I thought she looked more bay with the black on her ears mane and tail. Whatever the colour she is gorgeous though.

I like Firenza and Step Brightly

Ooooo she's gorgeous!
default_wub.png

Step Brightly for me too - and I think she has got to be a bay of some sort with that black mane and tail, love the colour though!

Anna

Congrats on your pretty girl!!!!! I like the name "Step Brightly"!!!!!

Barbie

Precious baby.
default_wub.png
My vote goes to STEP BRIGHTLY as well. Perfect homage to both mum and dad.

Congratulations to all.

Latest posts

Back