I have a new horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClickMini

Reaction score
I know a lot of you don't always check the CMHR board, so I am posting here too. Do you remember little Babbit, the horse that CMHR and I rescued from the feedlot? He was less than a day from his last ride when we got him. He was lonely and terrified when I went to pick him up. He had big bite marks on his back from somewhere along the line. He was very very thin, and his hooves were very long, and he spent most of his time trying to keep space between him and whomever else was near.

He has been with me for a couple of months now, and I've decided that loading him up to go somewhere else was just unthinkable. We have spent a LOT of time together, and the light and trust has come back into those eyes. He has put on weight, his coat is starting to shine, his hooves are better though a long way from perfect, and he no longer thinks that I am just another person who will let him down. He is friends with my other boys.

We still have a long way to go, but we have also come a long ways already. Here is a poem I wrote for him.

Babbit's Tale

"He has an unkind eye," she said,

"No horse for a child,

He is totally wild,

And we are all afraid."

"I am so afraid," he said,

"So lost and all alone.

I started life with light and hope,

Just four short years ago."

"And now I stand at heaven's door,

Perhaps then I'll find peace.

From neglect and disappointment,

Maybe now I will be free."

"I am your friend," she said,

Extending a loving hand.

"You do not have to worry," she said,

"Heaven's band of horses can wait."

The cautious eye rolled toward her,

Is this how it could be?

Follow you to a new home,

And you promise to love me?

The unkind eye has turned now,

Bright and cheery does it greet

His friend with loving hand,

Forever friends they'll be.

I think I am going to change his name to reflect the new chapter of his life.

Meet Finch Meadow Justice

112505_1.jpg

Amy, your poem made me cry! I am so happy for Babbit / Justice, and happy for you, too!

thumbup.gif
love the poem and you did a great and wonderful thing.

Well, Amy, he should make a great driving horse. I did not think you could give him up, not after everything he's been through!!

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
YOUVE DONE SUCH A GOOD JOB WITH HIM,YOU WERE BOTH MEANT TO BE
yes.gif

That is truly wonderful, Amy.

What are you going to call him for his Barn name?

MA

Maryann, I will call him Justice. I have been mulling it for quite a while, I really think that is what that little man finally got.
aktion033.gif

ClickMini said:
Maryann, I will call him Justice. I have been mulling it for quite a while, I really think that is what that little man finally got. 
aktion033.gif

512598[/snapback]

champagne.gif

Aw, Amy, I'm crying happy tears! What you said about not being able to send them on when they've finally opened their hearts and trusted you hit me right in the gut. Sometimes you just can't do that to them, you know? They've suffered enough. Spyder is like that for me. It would have been a betrayal to ever have sold him once he found the courage to love again.

I am so pleased for you and him both, and I think the decision to rename him is a good one. He's got a good name now, a strong name, one he can be proud to live up to. He can shed his old traumas and move on to be the strong and balanced spirit he is meant to be.

I just want to hug you both!!

Leia

Beautiful poem! Justice was very lucky to have you come into his life! I love his new name!

BEAUTIFUL...BEAUTIFUL...BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! I loved your poem...what a lovey story!!! You made me cry Girl...I love a love story!!! I love his new name too, very nice!!!

hugs to you,

Lis

For somw reason I'm not surprised. I can't wait to see more and more of him and I love his new name. COngratulations on a wise desicision. Maxine

How tall is he? He is soo lucky to have such a wonderful mom! He couldn't have better
aktion033.gif
wub.gif
Your doing amazing work! He looks amazing! You are a VERY talented writer too!

-Desiree-

Thank you Amy for being the friend that Justice needed. Your are wonderful.
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
as are all of you who take in these rescue and give them their much deserved forever homes.
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back