my new camera and a couple samples

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yankee_minis

Reaction score
I posted how I love my new camera, Canon S2 IS. I have been able to take beautiful pics of my horses, etc. I have had a hard time getting pics of the kittens because they're always moving and are usuallly out of frame or a huge blur. And the lighting inside isn't great.

I don't have trouble with autofocus because I don't focus first--I just shoot.

I don't know a ton about cameras but understand the concepts. A friend has been helping me a little with the manual settings. Most of my regular pics -- of horses just standing around-- are on P with 400 ISO and I usually select the appropriate lighting. They're awesome and boring so I didn't post them here.

Here are a couple pics that I thought showed how good the camera is.

The first one was about 10 minutes before dark-- the sun had already set. I thought the pic is great. I was on manual with F4.5 I think. I only resized it, I didn't fiddle with it in any other way.

This is our riding horse, LC, a registered paint, and a friend of Sarah's.

jenLC.jpg

The second is of the kittens. They were about 12-15 inches away from me and this is regular room lighting. I was also on manual for this one with F5.0. No flash.

Here are the cuties that have been crawling all over me! They're about 6 weeks old. Mom is a lilac point Balinese and dad is a flame point Himalayan.

kittens.jpg

Since I have the same camera as you, I guess I better learn how to use it better!

If I went out and took a picture at dusk you'd be lucky to see what is was.

Love the kitty picture.

Back