my mini's coat

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmm

Reaction score
I have a 9 yr. old lighter sorrel pinto mare who has never, ever had a "shiny" coat. We have two other minis that are solid colored and their coats get really shiny in the summer (I don't ever clip them because they are just pets not show horses). Is this just the way some horses are? She eats the exact same food as the others. They are wormed regularly. Any ideas?

It could just be her, even though they are on the same feed, she may need something in her diet. What that might be I don't know. They are all a little bit different.

I have 3 saddle horses in addition to my minis. Two of them are half-siblings and have coats that shine like you wouldn't believe; just like their dam's coat did. This is just out to pasture without extra grooming. I also have another unrelated horse, that needs extras in his diet to get that same kind of shiney coat; usually a cup or so of BOSS really puts a shine on him. [i ran out of BOSS and didn't buy any for awhile, and I noticed a difference.]

Latest posts

Back