My mare lost her foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willow Glen

Reaction score
Well last night my mare decided to foal early not by much she was due on the 17th of dec, It was a lovely leopard appy filly just what I was dreaming for. as it was coming out I could see it was dead and was so gutted it sucks so bad ya put all that thought bout who is right for ya mare going threw all that then all the waiting and dreaming of what it will be and look like and what the future holds for the little thing and then this happens ssssssssssooooooooooo sad and gutted and not only me my little girl who is just bout 3 was so lookng forward to seeing a little baby foal and last night when I putting her to bed she was talking bout how she was play with it and help Lottie and me look after it she went to sleep with such happy thoughts and dreams about the baby and then she wakes up in the morning to find out it was born but dead
default_sad.png
, I am so glad that kids can be so accepting of things she turned to me when I showed and told her what happened and said " its alright mummy dont be sad you have me and so dus lottie I just started to cry and she gave me a big hug and said " cum on mum I think you need a coffee and me to give you cuddles " How can such a little girl no just what to say to make me feel a bit better, We had the vet out because Lottie woulnt get up she was checked out and everything was fine she just must have been very tired and sad we couldnt finid any reason for the foals death it was a straight forward birth so I guess it is just one of those things, I put the foal under the trees last night for her cause the weather had finally broken and we are getting sum well deserved rain and I didnt want her standing over her baby in the pouring down rain so now at least she has sum shelter to grieve I kept gettng up for the rest of the night to look out and check on her and she just stood there all night looking at her baby and this morning and still now the same thing she hasent eaten so me and my little brave daughter Tyla took her out carrots and hay and put them buy her and baby so now she is having a munch Lottie looks so sad this is the first time she has lost a foal so must feel such loss and confusion, Sorry if this is long winded I just so upset this was my first time foaling my own mare and have waited such a long time to get the chance to. I have posted sum pics of Lotties foal for you to see how lovely this little filly is hope you dont mind.

Lottesfillyfoaldec6th2007003Medium.jpg

Lottesfillyfoaldec6th2007004Medium.jpg

Lottesfillyfoaldec6th2007006Medium.jpg

Lottesfillyfoaldec6th2007005Medium.jpg

oh, I am so very sorry, it was a beautiful baby. Lovely like its Mama. It would be wonderful to be able to breed back the same way and maybe have another spotted one like it.

Children sometimes take these things better than we do.

I am very sorry.

Robin

I am so sorry you lost your beautiful filly.
default_sad.png
But at the same time you are so blessed to have such a loving little girl to ease your sorrow.

I hope you can let this go after a time and begin to look forward to the next time you will be expecting a foal.

Take care,

Charlotte

How heartbreaking. I am SO sorry. Hugs to you and your precious little daughter. What a beautiful filly she was. (((HUGS)))

[SIZE=14pt]we went through something similar this year, waiting and waiting and my 4 year old was sooo excited. we lost the baby and almost momma too. i will tell you that reading your post i had tears. children seem to do so much better then we do. i don't have the heart for such things so no more babies here. so sorry you have had to go through the loss of your beautiful filly, hugs to you and your sweet little girl, Nikki[/SIZE]

Sending hugs your way, that is a very sad situation. Your filly was beautiful.
default_crybaby.gif

Oh no, what rotten luck
default_sad.png

Let your mare do her grieving - she will let you know when she has moved on.
default_yes.gif

default_no.gif
default_no.gif
I am soo sorry for your loss.. What a beauty she was/would have been.. Thoughts, prayers and hugs heading your way..

Thank you all so much it is so nice to hear from people who no how it feels and genuinely care about me and my horsey family it makes it more bareable, Its almost like all the others no they are in the next paddock over and keep coming up to the fence and calling out to her even my hacks its so nice to see her mates careing for her well, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH it means alot I dont have any close friends that are horsey so I dont have anyone who can relate so thank you all.

Very sad.

Hope time heals and that your beautiful mare is fine also.

I am so sorry. It certainly was a beautiful little foal. Do you know what happened that it was born dead?

I am so sorry. I could barely read your post, my eyes were watering up. I am so glad your mare is ok. Your daughter is an absolute doll. Soooo sorry

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry for your loss, she was a beautiful filly, hope mom is doing better, sending prayers and hugs your way.

Latest posts

Back