My mare is finally getting a bag!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cat_in_the_hat72

Reaction score
We brought Dolly home the last week of January and was told she could be due as soon as February 20th. She was put out with the stud after being hand bred last March so we knew it could be a wait. In the last two and a half months she's shown little progress. She's gotten a bit rounder but still not bigger than she was. I started checking her occasionally in the last few weeks and nothing. On Wednesday she finally started to have a bit of weight to her bag, and by Friday it was almost twice the size. I know we could still have some time to go but seeing this sure puts us closer. I am just so excited as it's been a long wait already. Hopefully it won't be too much longer and I can post pics of my little one. I am so jealous of all you already having foals. They are just too darn cute.

That's such a relief too, I'm sure. It's just plain scary when they aren't bagging up. I have one that is at 326 today (and she's just a teeny thing, I never expected her to go this long), with no bag. She's getting noticably bigger in the sides, but not underneath still. She's carrying it very high and tight,... but I will sure breathe a sigh of relief when (if) her bag forms before she foals.

Latest posts

Back