My little ones first show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiLo Minis

Reaction score
OK I think I have all the kinks worked out on the practice board but forgive me if I screw it up here - its my first attempt at posting pictures!
smile.gif

My 4 year old daughter made her showring debut at a Fair this past month!!! She practised with us at home but the morning of the show decided she just wanted to watch which broke my heart
sad.gif
but I grinned and beared it and said thats OK sweetie. I have been trying really hard to let it be her decision rather than what would make me the happiest person in the world. Once we got there however she changed her mind!
biggrin.gif
so I popped my hat on her and a little pair of gloves and sent her in. She took a fifth in Colour (I overheard the judge asking if there were participation ribbons) and a fifth out of five in Junior Showmanship. When she came out of the ring she threw her arms around her horses neck, kissed him and said "I love my little gaffer!" I was one proud mama! She is showing MiLo's Classic Ladies Man aka Manny who had an awesome year at halter. Shown under 9 judges he took 9 firsts, several Junior Grands, several Reserve Grands and one Overall Grand!

Thanks to Bob the Cityslicker who was there and took pictures I have her wonderful grin preserved forever and thanks to justanother cowgirl who helped me figure out how to post pictures I get to share it with you!
biggrin.gif

P0001324.jpg
P0001326.jpg
P0001321.jpg

There she is!!!
aktion033.gif
She's come along way from dragging a little stuffed horse around the showgrounds!! I always love to have a chat with this little gal because she always has something entertaining to say!!!
biggrin.gif

That is absolutely adorable-- a girl and her horse and a smile as big as can be. Awesome! I'm glad she had fun!!

Cute, cute, cute! Congratulations.

[SIZE=14pt]Look how cute she is!!! Thats how it all starts..... congratulations mama.[/SIZE]

Lyn
aktion033.gif

Thank you for sharing those pics and putting a huge grin on my face! Your daughter is adorable, and it looks as if your little horse loves her as well!

I agree with the judge...she should have a ribbon just for participation...

Thanks everyone for your kind comments! Please forgive me for doing it but I was just so darned pleased and proud of her I couldn't help myself!
yes.gif

Well she is the sweetheart of the show! In or out of the ring! I only hope my little guy will have fun at it too.

Another hopeful "show mom"

firstprize.gif

lilfoot said:
Well she is the sweetheart of the show!  In or out of the ring!  I only hope my little guy will have fun at it too.Another hopeful "show mom"

firstprize.gif

490544[/snapback]

I expect we will be seeing your adorable little brown eyed boy on the end of a lead very shortly - I will keep my fingers crossed for you! All I can say is look out for Mickey next year!
biggrin.gif

Aaaaw, that little doll just brought tears to my eyes!

Bless you mom for making it a FUN day for her!
aktion033.gif

And by the way, that's sure a pretty horse she is leading!

Charlotte

Those are great pictures, Lori!! I didn't know Mickey showed at Caledonia! I fully expect she'll be a force to be reckoned with when she's just a little bit older.... like next year! Congratulations to both of you!

Thanks Judy! I was hoping all year that she would decide to show - she has been practising since May and she finally decided to, at the last minute of course. in Caledonia. I think Manny really likes it when she shows him 'cause he gets to gawk around all he wants and sneak the odd bite of grass! LOL She is pretty good with the horses but really hit it off with Manny which is kind of a shame - she won't be able to show him next year so I am hoping for a nice filly to be born in the spring that can be hers. With any luck she will be on the show circuit full force come 2006!!!

Aww, Lori thats adorable!! I have been patiently waiting for Mickey to make her showing debut all year...too bad I missed Caledonia! It would have been really nice to see
yes.gif
. Im glad she decided to show...Hopefully she will stick with it
wub.gif

Cant wait to see her out next year!
aktion033.gif

-Kris

Latest posts

Back